Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

In Step jogging stroller

I found one of these on my CL that I am thinking of buying but I know nothing about jogging strollers whatsoever. It will be for my 3.5yr old when we walk my older kids to school, its about a mile on a fairly straight path but half of the way is all dirt/sand/gravel. Would this be an ok choice? I live in Arizona so I need something with a decent canopy because its usually about 105-108* in the afternoons when we walk home, in the mornings its ok because its in the 90's. I heard that jogging strollers were a PITA to turn....any opinions? I can't afford much and they are selling this stroller for $20 so I thought I'd pick it up. I have him in a regular stroller now and its really tough to push it through the dirt.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: In Step jogging stroller

For $20, heck yeah, I would do it. The sun shade is good, but not bob, valco good. Is it a jogger or swivel/lock?

ETA: Jogger, got it. I need to read. I can easily pop the front wheel up, and turn a jogger. If you don't like it, wash it up and sell it for $60.

Thanks for your opinion. I was thinking the same thing about the turning thing. I noticed that the joggers with the fixed wheels are easy to lift the front wheel up to turn. Can't beat $20 right? The seller said that its in good condition and that they sealed the tires with tired sealant before they used it to help keep the tires from going flat....I hope that doesnt mean it had a problem before but I'm guessing that new tubes dont cost too much.

Thanks again.

Jogging stroller hold their value. I can't believe they are selling it for $20, really. I sold an old double, OLD for $65.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by agurlsride View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. I was thinking the same thing about the turning thing. I noticed that the joggers with the fixed wheels are easy to lift the front wheel up to turn. Can't beat $20 right? The seller said that its in good condition and that they sealed the tires with tired sealant before they used it to help keep the tires from going flat....I hope that doesnt mean it had a problem before but I'm guessing that new tubes dont cost too much.

Thanks again.
    Totally get it for $20. New tubes are about $4 at Wal Mart. DH always changes ours, but it's supposed to be super easy. He's done it in 5 minutes in the trunk of the car with only a multi-purpose tool.

I'd say it's worth the $20 if the stroller is in safe condition. Just a few things to check!

Push the stroller and make sure it doesn't severely veer one way or the other. That could be a serious deal breaker.

Make sure the frame is ok and nothing is broken. If you need it to fold up, make sure it does that as well. For safety make sure there is a tether strap for your hand, and/or a handbrake, or parking brake.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Totally get it for $20. New tubes are about $4 at Wal Mart. DH always changes ours, but it's supposed to be super easy. He's done it in 5 minutes in the trunk of the car with only a multi-purpose tool.
    Nice...I think that should be easy for me to do...I like stuff like that..its faster than asking dh to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    I'd say it's worth the $20 if the stroller is in safe condition. Just a few things to check!

Push the stroller and make sure it doesn't severely veer one way or the other. That could be a serious deal breaker.

Make sure the frame is ok and nothing is broken. If you need it to fold up, make sure it does that as well. For safety make sure there is a tether strap for your hand, and/or a handbrake, or parking brake.
    Yeah I had read some reviews on epinions about the alignment of the front wheel being off, I'll definitely check that. And the other good stuff too...Thanks!