So what's the easiest way to pop a button...

ADS

Morganthe

Are you referring to those tiny little button knobs that keep the belt clasp from sliding past a certain point when its released? They're only for convenience, not safety.

If so -- I've had cars that they had just fallen off the belt, usually to my annoyance on the driver's belt. :rolleyes: I think they're just glued on. A flat head screwdriver would work to pop it off.

LuvBug

just be careful, try a fingernail to lift it up and see how it is attached. what you dont want to do it cut/fray your belt by accident with a tool.

RubysGirl

Okay, I'll gvie that a try. I'm not too worried about the joovy install just yet. it's loose, but not terribly. If we were in an accident it would move the same way my son's MA does beside it, but it would concern me if he was in a lower convertable like a radian or forwardfacing. There's plenty of seat between him and it now though.

RubysGirl

Oh, and I got a kick out of it. It's more clearly marked to discard after an accident than any real carseat I've seen. LOL

Robert

CPST Instructor
Its a small pastic rivet. A small screwdriver will pop it right off. Pry off the side that has a small hole in the head.

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
Keep the pieces too--sometimes they'll pop back together. I had to pop one off the belt in a Jetta Wagon and it was surprisingly quite easy.

RubysGirl

The spoon worked perfectly. It (the button)did break, but that's okay. Let me say I don't like the base to the joovy much. Well atleast the belt path. I wouldnt' mind it with an ALR belt, but with a locking clip it isnt' very easy. It buckles under the base. After a few minutes it hit me to try to put my hand in under the base from the front. That did the trick. Any time I went in around the belt/buckle, I'd pull it out and make it impossible to buckle. Then again, with an ALR belt it may beable to get it in in a way that makes it impossible to access the release. So yeah, I think it would be better with an over the base belt path, but it's still a very nice seat for a doll. LOL.

jenny03

Okay, good. I'm not weird for wanting to install my daughter's doll car seat in the car along side her. LOL I was afraid people would think I left a baby in the car, though, so I haven't done it yet! :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC