New RN XT old DOM

MarathonMama

We just got our new XT :love: but I'm a bit disappointed that the DOM is Dec 18 2008 (8 mos old) - should we contact the store we bought it from and see what they can do about it? We had to order it online since the nearest retailer is 2+ hours away. I'm inclined to keep it anyway but still ask if they will do anything about it.

What would you do?

ADS

Cryssy Jane

That happened to me with one of the sponsors here. I ordered in may 09 expecting a dec/jan 08 date and got a sept 08 DOM. I was irritated, called and they said there was nothing they could do about it. 4 months shy of a year old. Now that sept 08 + has been rated 40lbs rf I would have been majorly p.o.ed if I had gotten a brand new one that was even older.

Splash

Unless you made DOM a condition of sale, then they are not in the wrong and it wouldn't be good form for you to complain or expect any compensation. That's what happens when you order online.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC