Radian in a Dodge Stratus?

Leenybean

I've been thinking of getting a Radian for my DS, but I was wondering if anyone had experience or knew if you can get a good install in a Dodge Stratus (ours is a 2001). :)

ADS

Maedze

I've put them both rear facing and forward facing in a 2000, which is essentially the same car :)

Rearfacing, the recline is great. You can put it in the center position, or outboard. With outboard, you'll have to move up the passenger seat a bit but not so much that it's unbearable .

Forward facing it's doable, but requires a bit of patience. Plan on twisting the female end of the belt stalk at least twice, either middle or outboard. I recommend plugging the tether anchor in BEFORE installing the seat to save frustration and tears after.

Put the base of the seat in recline mode, and pull the seat away from the bight of the vehicle seat a titch before tightening the belt. Otherwise it'll feel great but when you pull on the front it'll slide right out.

Maedze

Precisely so.

...at least they have top tethers to offset the carseat SLIDE...

That back seat is ridiculously slidey :hitselfonhead:

However, the top tether shouldn't be used to stabilize the slide; the seat should be in solidly before the tether is tightened. I've done it with the Radian, and it doesn't get much more tricky than that. (I would not, however, want to put a Corroco back there.)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Precisely so.

...at least they have top tethers to offset the carseat SLIDE...

Ack! Top tethers should never be used to correct a poor installation. If the installation is not good without a tether (moving less than an inch in any direction at the belt path), it's not good with a tether.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC