Mesh Covers?

momto2princes

Does the Mesh covers for the Radian XT have the same wearing problem as the Britax Frontier mesh covers?

Obviously they aren't the same company so I am hoping that the Radians covers stand up better than the Britax ones have, yes no, maybe so?

ADS

canmom

My RN XT in Rio does have some fraying :thumbsdown:... the cover is nice though. I never had the Britax mesh ones so I don't know if they are worse/better or the same. Judging from the forums... I think all the mesh covers are pretty similar.

WhatAboutPuppy

I've got a Rio and two Red Rocks... but the Rio is new. They feel about the same to me though.
Though... I'd like to say I have no fraying issues in the Red Rocks. Our covers look great in my opinion. We don't have any velcro shoes and that's the only thing I can think that might be the difference as to why we haven't seen fraying??? I don't know.
Just a thought...

Oh, I've had the Red Rock Frontiers 8 months, used daily.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I saw a Rio that was pretty darned trashed after only a few months of (rear-facing) use. I think it wouldn't be as bad FF but RF kids' shoes and even kicking and clothes chew it up. :(

OTOH, my cousin's kids are both in Rio XTs and they haven't complained at all. One of them has been in his since the month they came out.

oxeye

My Pink Frontier has held up a lot better than my Rio XT. I've had the Frontier for nearly a year with almost daily use and the mesh is fine. I've only had the Rio XT for a couple months at most.

It might be that the shoes are harder on the seat RF than FF. I am not impressed with the Rio material at all. I am planning to call SKJP and ask for a replacement (just haven't had time yet).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC