my ride vs true fit

santasgirl

i am tempted to get a My ride for R so i can have my OWN carseats for bolth
with the true fit as i am vary tall it only fit RF in the middle or had to be behind the passenger side
with the true fit vs the my ride dose one take up more room RF then the others
would anyone recommend the MR for a 16mt child? fell free to post pics.

ADS

Spam

The True Fit can be installed pretty upright for an older baby, so it takes up less space than you may think. If your child is tall with a long torso, the truefit is probably the better option. The MyRide has a shorter shell and is good for shorter heavier children. It has awesome cupholders and cradles children well. It is however very reclined in both rearfacing and forwardfacing so most love it only as a rearfacing option. The TrueFit has higher top slots and will last most kids longer. It also has a very low profile, so if loading is a problem the TF would be better. I've owned both and miss the TF more..

NannyMom

I have owned both, and miss the My Ride more :)

The True Fit can be installed more upright for a 16 month old :) Do you think R will need the height of the TF or the weight of the MR more? I like how the MR cradled Sofi, she could just turn her head and go to sleep. In the TF, her head just slumped (not a safety issue.... just a visual issue for me ;))

santasgirl

i was just thinking of getting the my ride for rose and keep the tf for Evan as it is in ff and it should fit him well he is 3 and every bit typical size but skinny so i will need to find out how often i have Rose w me so i can see if its worth it to get, do u have to re thread?

AmandaR

I have the TFP and think it's a far better seat than the MR. DD is pretty close to the top shell on the MR and has TONS of room in the TFP. She's tall though (10.5 months, 31 inches, 22lbs).

hboo22

I have 2 True Fits (4yo, and 3yo ride in them) and our Walmart just recently got a My Ride in, so I went to check it out. IMO, the True Fit is a MUCH better seat. The shell looks to be alot taller, and the no rethread harness is wonderful, not to mention the handy LATCH connectors. It is lots roomier. I would go with the TF hands down, unless (as PP said) your little one is short and heavy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC