SO frustrated

tchrgrrl

This whole accident fiasco has been one frustration after another. We got the final estimate (3.5 weeks later) - $16k in repairs. The value of the van is around $26k and the salvage value would be $8k so the insurance co. is willing to do $18k in work :eek: So it is not being totaled but we also have little faith that after $16k+ in work it will be flawless so we plan to sell/trade-in as soon as we get it back (4-6 weeks). It is being repaired at the body shop of a Honda dealer. On my behalf the body shop guy asked about getting a diminished value report (that we can give to the insurance co. to ask for the difference in value) after the repairs are finished and the dealership basically refused - they also said they would not accept it as a trade-in because of the repairs. So they have no faith in their OWN body shop? I have this awful sick feeling about how this all going to turn out :(

ADS

kelly

Wow. We got a diminished value settlement check for our truck. It was hit while parked and damaged quite severely. (Camry driver confused gas/brake and t-boned into it at high speed. Its a large F-350 full cab, full box and that Camry shoved it 3 feet sideways.)

After it became apparent that the damage was far, far more than expected, we were well into the repairs and couldn't back out and were concerned about the reduced value of the truck.

We contacted the adjuster and HE was the one who did all the work to get the diminished value settlement. So, I'd contact them rather than the dealer. It still didn't "make up" for the value we lost, nor the fact that we're now driving a truck that's "not right", but it was something.

Good luck.

msantiago3

I dont think this will make you feel any better but thought I would let you know, first if you take the van to a non-dealership body center they are normally more willing to give you a diminished value on it. Second it really could be flawless depending on who is doing the work. My stepdad fixed my moms van after I was in a double accident a few years ago, I got t-boned on both sides of the van, and to this day you still couldnt tell it was in a accident unless you really closely inspect the frame after taking all the body parts off. Third the dealership probably wont take it as a trade in because they would have to let any potential buyers know the damage that was on it at one point, they have to legally if they are the ones that repaired it, otherwise they could say it looks like it may have been an accident but there is no real evidence but since they did do the work they have to tell, and then they would loose buyers. So its not that they dont trust the work, they just know they probably wont get what they would have to give you as a trade in for it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC