Advice on telling mom to RF past 1 year

santasgirl

so i have a new nanny job
i start in 2 weeks my charges are 16 mt and 3.5
E is still harnesd witch is great however mom has little E ff
shes not a small child but i think she should still be RF at least until shes 2 or so
her mom tells me she hates being RF and is unconformable.
i know allot of people say that so do u girls have any advice for me on how to tell mom she will be fine and get us to being RF?
any help would be great

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I think she should be RFing too. But honestly? It's the parents' decision. If you wish to transport her RFing in your car, you can insist on it (although she can insist that she wants a nanny who follows her rules). But I would not start out on your first day trying to convince the mother that she's doing things wrong.

santasgirl

we talked car seat safety but yea i dont wana push buttons at the start
i wont drive Rose to much but i would fell so much more conferable with her RF so maybe i can ask mom if shed be ok trying RF out in my car on shorter rides and see what she ses
i have a True fit and mom is giving me a spare for Evan so as long as its in good shape
ill keep u posted i would love any advice u had about how to approach her without her felling attacked

Joyofbirth

As a former nanny and now as a parent, I would say leave it alone. If you wanna rear-face her in your car, just do it. Do you transport any other kids in your car? If you do, you can just casually mention to the mom that your TF is RFing in your car for such-and-such-child and it's just easier for you to leave it since her baby still fits in it RFing.

luv2bfishin

Hi, Grandpa here from Joel's Jouney.

On our website, www.joelsjourney.org , I have flyers that are posted in PDF format that can be downloaded. I actually have them taped on both rear windows of my car, and one in the rear window.

Maybe you can print one out and leave it there? If that gets ignored, then there isn't much you can do. They are the parents.

Grandpa

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC