What a great couple of days!

SPJ&E

So I have the YouTube video about rear-facing in my signature on a board I belong to and also on my MySpace page (I asked permission from the person who made it, of course). Most of the women from Pacey's birth club (December 2004) turned their babies around pretty early...a lot of them even before 1 year old. A couple of us tried to talk them out of it, but they were dead-set on it and did it anyway.

The day before yesterday, one of them sent me a message after she seen the video (I made a post with that, along with a bunch of information and links). She wanted to turn her son back to rear-facing! He will be 2 on 12/24 and has been forward-facing since he was 10 months old. I helped her out and recommended the Scenera, since he was too tall to rear-face in his current seat. She bought one and installed it and he is now rear-facing again and loves it so far! I can't tell you how good that made me feel!

I remembered her turning him around so early and I think, as awful as it sounds, that's a lot of the reason I never talked 1-on-1 with her. You know how sometimes you know something about someone and you REALLY disagree with it and you just CAN'T make yourself want to get to know them? That's how I felt...not on purpose and I was NEVER mean or rude in anyway. I've always replied to her posts and what-not, but never really gotten to know her. Turns out, I like her a lot! She said that when she turned him around at 10 months, she really didn't know any better, she was just going by what her mom said and she didn't have any other info than that...which isn't an excuse, but now that she HAS the info and has watched the video, she has made the choice to turn him back around and I think that's awesome!

Anyway, another person from the same board just sent me a message saying that she just watched the video in my signature and is turning her daughter back around! Her daughter shares a birthday with Pacey and is almost exactly the same size. I don't remember when she turned her FF, but I know it was at 1 year or before.

Sometimes I feel like nobody listens...like it's pointless to post anything or try to tell anyone anything! 2 people in the past 3 days have decided to turn their 2-year old back rear-facing because of info I gave them and I can't tell you how happy that makes me!

So anyway, I just wanted to get that out...thanks for reading!

ADS

scatterbunny

I totally know how you feel! No one seems to listen to me, especially in real-life, but today I convinced a friend to turn her 22-month-old, 26-pound son back rear-facing! They own a Touriva, so a great seat for extended RF.

Good for you for making a difference!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Yay! Congratulations! It is such a nice feeling when people actually listen & consider the info you're giving them. You really made a difference!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC