Anyone get their XT from Hip Monkey yet?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I ordered on 7/24/09. They were backordered. Expected in a week. It's now 3 weeks later, and still no word on when they will even get to Hip Monkey, let alone to me!

I WANT MY SEAT! They've had my money for 3 weeks, and I have NOTHING. :( :( :(

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
They keep saying they are waiting on a shipment from SKJP....and as of last Friday, they didn't have an ETA. I emailed them this afternoon, and no response. :(

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I got this today.

Hi,
My boss just told me that we basically just have to wait for a shipment notification email from Sunshine Kids before we know they are on the way. We still have not received word that they are in transit. I'm really sorry for this long wait. Hopefully sometime next week we'll get that email saying our order has been shipped to us. Let me know if you are still ok waiting, thanks.

Marie

And I responded with....
You should be able to contact SKJP and ask them what their estimated time frame of shipment is. They have these in stock, as I know they just shipped a replacement to a friend. As a business, I would not be happy that your supplier can not give you a time frame. That's very unprofessional business practice.

This seat was sold to me as 'in stock', and while I have been very patient, I will admit, my patience is running thin. I would like a date, plain and simple. Please request that your boss contact SKJP and ask them their timeline rather then just 'waiting'. I'm not going to wait indefinitely. You've had my money for 3 weeks, I would like answers.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
So I've been thinking....do you think they are hoping I'll cancel my order since I got it for such a good price???? I paid $217 shipped.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
They have actually charged your credit card already? I don't do business with places that charge you before they actually have the item in their hands to ship. Most decent businesses will put a hold on your credit card for the amount, but you won't actually be charged until it ships. The way this store has done it, you could easily have your bill and be paying interest on the item before it's even in THEIR hands, let alone your hands!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
So I've been thinking....do you think they are hoping I'll cancel my order since I got it for such a good price???? I paid $217 shipped.

I just can't imagine that a business that's in business to support a non-profit would operate in this manner. I don't know.

AtTheSouthDam

I've order from hipmonkey before and then again this past friday with no problem.. I don't think they want to you cancel because you got it cheap. I just opdered a Monterey for $109 and it is in transit already. That said, I don't order out of stock items from anyone, no matter the price.

Maedze

I'd cancel and order from elsewhere. If they give you a hard time, dispute the charge with your credit card.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC