36 Pounds!

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Yesterday afternoon I took DD shopping with me and when we got home I decided to run into the bathroom and weigh her with her shoes & jacket on (even though she doesn't wear her jacket in the car). I have never weighed her with her shoes on before. She was 36 lbs!!!! :( I really didn't want to have to turn her around yet... it seems like I just bought the Intera for her to rear face in. Maybe she had a growth spurt, but I'm really hoping that it was just a fluke. I'm going to weigh her again this afternoon with shoes and no jacket, and hopefully she'll be back to the 34 lbs that I expected her to be at! If I have to turn her around, I'll be so sad.

ADS

Morganthe

Awww, poor you!

Any issues with possible constipation? A whopping #2 emptying out her belly could help too! :eek: ;) :D

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
No, it was the same scale as always. I weighed her at about noon today with her shoes and jammies (yes, she was still in her jammies! ;) ) and she was 34 lbs. So, I hope this isn't a stupid question, but with the weight limit being 35 lbs, does that mean I have to turn her around the day that she hits 35 lbs, or does that mean I have to turn her around the day she hits 36 lbs (because up until then she's still technically 35 lbs)? I hope someone knows the answer! Thanks!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
That's not a stupid question-- it is a FANTASTIC one. I have always wondered the same thing....

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
It's rated to 35#, not 35# and a few ozs is my understanding so I personally would turn her at 34#, but that's just me. I'm paranoid that way. lol What is she w/out her shoes? AJ's shoes are a good 2# I think, so maybe just have her go shoeless in the car.

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
Yep, it's 35 pound even, not 35 pounds and 1 ounce. Once my dd hits 34 pounds, I'm going to start weighing her every couple days so that I know the moment she hits 35 pounds. I'm dreading it.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I weighed her again tonight because I wanted to see how much her weight changes throughout the day. She was 34.5 lbs, again with just shoes & jammies, which would be similar to what she wears when she's riding in the car. She's about 32.5 or 33 lbs without shoes, so I think I have at least a month before I'll have to turn her, because I'll just take her shoes off in her seat if I need to. Thanks for answering my 'weight limit' question - that does make sense!

LuvBug

yeah that is the easy solution, just take her shoes off lol! Its amazing how much those things can weigh, even for such tiny sizes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC