I need to find comfy velcro gym shoes

Can anyone help me? I would love for it to be 20.00 or less. I want velcro, because Michael can't tie his shoes fast enough for gym class.
I looked at payless and wasn't impressed with the smart step brand velcro shoes. Michael said they aren't comfy.

He is very active so I need something comfy. I want to spend as little as possible as these will be left at school.

Thanks. :) If he helps he is a size 2.

I did pick up 2 tie gym shoes for 9.99 at the stride rite outlet, but I really need velcro.

ADS

sirrahn

Have you looked at Target?

I'm not sure about velcro as my boys won't go near it anymore;), but I've bought them Target's Champion brand shoes in the past and they've liked them. My oldest DS is *very* picky about shoes so if he found them comfy enough, they must be ok:p I'm pretty sure they weren't more than $20.

I did have bad luck with their Prospirit shoes falling apart, but if it's just for PE a few hours a week, they might be fine too.

Have you looked at Target?

I'm not sure about velcro as my boys won't go near it anymore;), but I've bought them Target's Champion brand shoes in the past and they've liked them. My oldest DS is *very* picky about shoes so if he found them comfy enough, they must be ok:p I'm pretty sure they weren't more than $20.

I did have bad luck with their Prospirit shoes falling apart, but if it's just for PE a few hours a week, they might be fine too.

I am going to double check their again tonight to see if they have the velcro ones in that brand(last time I checked it was only tie shoes). I do like that brand though.

I stay clear from the prospirit ones. I bought those last year after the payless brand ones and they fell apart and left blisters on his feet.

We ended up at shoe carnival after dinner tonight. They had buy one shoe get one 1/2 off.

I found a pair of LA Gear shoes for him for 9.98
I found him a pair of sketchers for 19.98
Hubby found a pair of sketchers for 49.00
Logan found a pair of vans for 24.00

daniele_ut

So were the Skechers 19.98 after the half off or before? I also had to find a pair of velcro gym shoes for DS that will only be worn at PreK and left there and didn't want to spend more than $20. I ended up picking up a pair of Champion C9 at Target for $19.99, but I already wrote his name in them. I think that the Skechers would last longer, but I didn't even think to go to Shoe Carnival. They just opened here.

After the discount.

I loved the fila brand(they looked like nike shox). They were 19.98ish before the discount, the sketchers were 35ish before the discount.

If you got both of those that would be cheap. I love shoe carnival when they are doing buy one get one half off. They even had it on clerance shoes.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
You didn't find any velcro gym shoes at the Stride Rite outlet? :confused: I'm really suprised, because I was just at our local Stride Rite outlet with the kids today and they had tons of boys gym shoes - many with velcro, or elastic loops instead of laces - for $19.99. We got five pairs of kids shoes for $103! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC