Help me decide, please!

AtTheSouthDam

Ok, so I preordered an Oobr for DD1 at the beginning of the July hoping they would actually release before school starts, silly me. I canceled my order today, withdrew my name from the drawing and received an email from Clek about getting it straight from the plant. So, do I go with an Oobr or a Monterey?

Concerns about the Monterey:
Some have said the LATCH is difficult to release.
It's size I am worried about it blocking the rear window and it just seems HUGE.
Armrest, they seem so low will they be difficult for her to buckle herself and thread the belt properly?
Any chance I can embroider that fabric?
Does the pink stain and is the red mesh?

Concerns about the Oobr:
The unknown neat seat recall possibility.
Size, will DD1 fit for long considering she is tall and solid?
The interior seat width as posted by elite carseats. It is thinner than the TB.
Will it stain? And the monkey isn't on the bottom part and the monkey is why she wants it. At this rate she will be in a backless in two years :rolleyes:

So what do you ladies think? Should I take Clek up on the offer and hope to have one before October or should I get her a Monterey before she has another growth spurt (judging from eating habits recently, it won't be long :p)

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I would ask them for a firm timeline before deciding. Say, "If I do this when will I get it?"

AtTheSouthDam

Hmm.. I am dense and didn't read enough face book comments. The shoulder guide hieght is 21". DD1 is outgrowing the Regent. I don't think it is going to be tall enough. What is the shoulder guide height on the Monterey?

AtTheSouthDam

If you don't need it until October I'd wait and see.

There is nothing special about October other than she turns 6 and I told her it would be out before he birthday.
Currently she is nearly even with the Regent top slots (post advisory so the slots are closer to 18.5"-19" with the now required recline bar :() So I think she will need it sooner. The child has grown 3" in torso in the past year!! :eek:

Maggie

Some have said the LATCH is difficult to release Never had a problem with it
It's size I am worried about it blocking the rear window and it just seems HUGE. ZOMG Huge? No. Bigger than a turbo? Yes.
Armrest, they seem so low will they be difficult for her to buckle herself and thread the belt properly? DD buckles herself all the time, no problems.
Any chance I can embroider that fabric? Don't know enough about embroidery to answer that.
Does the pink stain and is the red mesh? We went with red because my kids don't do well with light colors. No, the red is not mesh. It guess it kind of has a meshy appearance, but doesn't feel like mesh or snag.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I don't think the Oobr will be taller than the Monterey. It's a tough call. We have a Monterey and love it. DD has no issues buckling herself. It is a big sturdy seat but won't block view more than any other seat. We have had no issues with the fabric.

PHaley

:twocents: If she has a tall torso and is solid why not get her a Frontier for booster use and have the option of handing it down for harnessed and booster use for dd2 since it lasts 9 years! Then when she outgrows the Frontier if she doesnt fit in the adult seat belt buy her a monkey backless Clek Olli :)

AtTheSouthDam

:twocents: If she has a tall torso and is solid why not get her a Frontier for booster use and have the option of handing it down for harnessed and booster use for dd2 since it lasts 9 years! Then when she outgrows the Frontier if she doesnt fit in the adult seat belt buy her a monkey backless Clek Olli :)

DH nixed that since he knows me and car seats. I will want a new seat when that time comes for DD2 :D I am also not found of the fabric on the frontier.

Ok, So I think I will give the Monterey a try and wait to see what people think of the Oobr when it is released.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC