How's this for proof of being a Britax fan?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I forgot to post about this last night, but a commercial I just saw reminded me of my "sighting," so I will post about it tonight.

Last night, in the parking lot of one of my local grocery stores, I saw a 14 or 15-passenger van FULL of Britax carseats. The back row was empty, but the next to last row had two Marathons. The middle row had what appeared to be a Wizard and what appeared to be a Bodyguard. The first bench seat row had two more Marathons. Only one of the seats was rear-facing, so I am guessing that this was either a daycare van or a family with multiples? Either way, I was a bit blown away. I mean, I see Britax seats everywhere, but this was my first experience with a vehicle with so many (six!) Britax seats. It was pretty cool! :)

I can't imagine trying to get all those kiddos into all those seats. That must be a bit of a challenge!!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I forgot to add--

That family (daycare?) must have invested quite a chunk of change into their seats! I am guessing that, at best, each of the Marathons must have cost $220-$250. The Bodyguard was probably another $120, right? And the Wizard? How much were those? Another $250? YIKES!!!!

This is what the seats looked like:

empty empty empty
Marathon empty Marathon
empty Wizard Bodyguard
Marathon empty RF Marathon
passenger driver

RubysGirl

Could have been a large family, there's a family around here with a passenger van with lots of britax and mighty tites.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yup. It definitely could have been a large family. It was just so impressive to see that many Britaxes in one vehicle! :) I am a huge Britax fan, so I am always happy to Britax seats.

I just kept thinking-- that many FF convertibles must equal either some multiples OR children who are very close in age. They had FOUR FF convertibles, a RF convertible, and a booster. The children using the four FF convertibles must be fairly close in age, wouldn't you think? They could possibly be age one to age five-six, I guess.

scatterbunny

Wow! That's a lot of seats. I would have loved to have seen it! Every time I see a vehicle with even ONE Britax in it, I go crazy, LOL. The other day at the drive-thru coffee shop I go to there was a Chevy extended cab truck with a FF Cowmooflauge Marathon in the middle of the back. I started squealing and grabbed dh's arm and yelled, "it's a Britax, and it's COWMOO!"

I adore that cover, we live in a dairy farming community and I always wanted to have a Husky cover in Cowmoo. Someone on another board once said, "A Cowmoo Husky would look like a dead cow in your backseat" but I just laughed. I want that dead cow in my backseat. :D

lovinwaves

I adore that cover, we live in a dairy farming community and I always wanted to have a Husky cover in Cowmoo. Someone on another board once said, "A Cowmoo Husky would look like a dead cow in your backseat" but I just laughed. I want that dead cow in my backseat. :D

ROFL!!! That's hilarious. I am afraid to tell you Jenny, but as big as the Husky is it probably *Would* look like a dead cow back there. LOL

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I forgot to add--

That family (daycare?) must have invested quite a chunk of change into their seats! I am guessing that, at best, each of the Marathons must have cost $220-$250. The Bodyguard was probably another $120, right? And the Wizard? How much were those? Another $250? YIKES!!!!

This is what the seats looked like:

empty empty empty
Marathon empty Marathon
empty Wizard Bodyguard
Marathon empty RF Marathon
passenger driver

We got a good deal on our Wizard two years ago and paid $225. I think we had a 10% off coupon. So yeah, $250.

Wendy

Yoshi

:p That is so funny! We love our "cow seat"! (We just love anything cow-related) So even a big old Husky/regent cow would be fine with us, too!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Well I do daycare, and my vehicle is full of Britax seats. I have six seats installed right now, and only one is a Graco. My back row is a DC, MA and a CarGo (if I could fit a 3rd Britax in there, it would be there! LOL) and my middle row is a rf DC, a ff RA and a Parkway.

Yes, I've spent a lot of money getting my seats for my daycare kids. But once I had one and saw the difference, I wanted all my seats replaced. I did it over time, and I'm glad I did. It's very worth it to me. Not to mention, it's a tax write off! LOL

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Well I do daycare, and my vehicle is full of Britax seats. I have six seats installed right now, and only one is a Graco. My back row is a DC, MA and a CarGo (if I could fit a 3rd Britax in there, it would be there! LOL) and my middle row is a rf DC, a ff RA and a Parkway.

I'm jealous! I would love to be able to fit that many britax seats in my van, but in order to be able to fit 5 car seats, I can only have 3 Britax, at the most. I could maybe fit a 4th one, but would HAVE to have a Radian to puzzle with them, and I'm saving up for my Radian right now! :) So maybe someday, I'll have all Britax's and a Radian!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Well, the only way I can do 2 Britax's in my 3rd row plus another seat is to use either a Graco CarGo or Evenflo Express (I think is what it was that I borrowed till I got my CarGo). Anyway, here is a picture of my 3rd row with 2 DCs outboard and the CarGo in the middle. It's a VERY VERY VERY tight fit...but they are all independently secure. The CarGo has to go in first since it actually sits under the DCs. I don't use the CarGo unless I have too. There aren't too many times that I take all 6 kids out at once, but I keep everything installed so that if I have to...I can.
Daycare_Oct06040.jpg

I used to have 2 BVs, but replaced them with DCs for a couple of reasons...one of them being no latch bars to get in the way when trying to puzzle the seats together.

And what my middle row looks like with 3 rf seats.
Feb_06009.jpg

This row looks a little different now, as I've changed covers on the RA and the MA. But you get the idea! LOL And right now, I'm not using the Safeseat, as the littlest one I have right now is 10.5mo. So it's out, and a Parkway is in it's place for a 43lbs 4.5yr old.

Last edited:

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Love your pictures Kay. I also have day care in my home and have all Britax seats with the exception of one Graco Safeseat 1. Right now I have four Britax seats in a Suzuki XL7. One Boulevard and one Roundabout in the middle row and one Parkway and one Marathon in the third row. I also purchased mine one seat at a time. They are great and I love them!

Jumanji

This is exactly the type of post I've been looking for. I am just starting up a home daycare and I've been trying to find info on what will fit in my van. I very quickly discovered that I can't currently fit what I have 3 wide on my rear bench. I have a 04 Grand Caravan with captains chairs in the 2nd row and a 3 seat bench in the rear. Oh how I'd love to have an 8 passenger van. I've spent the last 20 minutes oogling the Sienna.

arly1983

I have a family home daycare and will be doing the Preschool run two days a week in August. We have been drooling over the 8 pass. Sienna, too. I have one radian I can't get over how awesome it is FF (I haven't tried it RF) I think when the time comes I am getting a couple more radians and use the MAs RF.

arly1983

That will put me with an 8 month old, 2-22 month olds, and 2-2 year olds. At the moment I have one radian, two marathons, and the SS1 will go to my sister. So I need two more. Either two radians, a radian and a marthon, or a radian and roundabout (lets think about this, I know it is smaller, but odds are, I will always have one kid who will fit) Maybe the new recaro will be awesome and i will get one of those.

broken4u05

That is soo cool. I whould hate to put that many kids in the seats. Ever seen the show twins, twins, and more twins? well most of them are not in the right seats but if one of us had that many kids we would be forever puting kids in seats. She had 7 under 6 3 sets of twins under 6 as well.

JaRylan

I think that is awesome that all of you daycare providers have bought really good seats for your kids. I hope some of your carseat wisdom is rubbing off on the parents!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC