TFP pics! ( lots of pics)

susanx4

really just wanted to share but i also want to make sure its not to upright..

in the house trying out our new seat! she insisted on "reading" the manual! lol
IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4291.jpg

IMG_4290.jpg

my 6 year old has about 1/2 inch before he is to tall for the top slots!
IMG_4294.jpg

IMG_4293.jpg

in the car
IMG_4295.jpg

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4298.jpg

IMG_4299.jpg

i am not sure how i like the fit of her cast in it, we are going out later and i will see, she fits but its kinda an awkward fit... luckily its only 2 weeks left in it!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It looks great!! The angle looks good, it looks comfy, and it looks like she likes it. :)

I just followed the UPS truck off of the highway, into my neighborhood, and down my street, but he didn't stop. :( It must be on another truck. Normally my UPS guy gets here before noon. My TFP is on the truck, out for delivery!!!

Wendy

Splash

That child is too old to be rear-facing. She's already broken one leg, are you trying to break the other? ;)

Looks fine.

susanx4

i have decided that the cast fits great! it was just the way she was pushing on the ARB when we tried it out! i only had to of my kiddos when we went out so i left the marathon installed and when i asked her which seat to ride in she picked the new one of course! when i picked up my girls i had to take the marathon out and on the way home it was moving a bit against my head rest ( rubbing when i made turns) its in tight but i am going to go play and see if i can stop that movement.. there is 0 movement at the belt path.

AmandaR

It looks great!! The angle looks good, it looks comfy, and it looks like she likes it. :)

I just followed the UPS truck off of the highway, into my neighborhood, and down my street, but he didn't stop. :( It must be on another truck. Normally my UPS guy gets here before noon. My TFP is on the truck, out for delivery!!!

Wendy

Mine are out for delivery today too! I wish they would hurry up. :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Mine are out for delivery today too! I wish they would hurry up. :)

Mine's here now and installed. :) I'm confused about the angle adjuster. Does it HAVE to be in the recline mode for a newborn, or is it optional as long as you have the right angle. Does anyone know?

Wendy

susanx4

they way its written it say desired position...so i am guessing no you don't have to use it, i went back out and put it down to see if it stops the moving and i am pretty sure i got the same exact install with it...

what i don't like so far is that latch webbing that keeps the latch strap connected to the carseat.. it was in the way and made the latch strap bunch together instead of laying flat.. like the loop isn't big enough for the width of the strap... and i couldn't get the cover back down to the snaps. its down but not snapped on

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Oh, I didn't think you'd want to see them. LOL

I haven't got LATCH, so I pulled the LATCH strap completely out of the path. The angle of the seat and seatbelt put the webbing right at the close of the lockoff and I couldn't do a single thing. I had to pull the cover back too, but I got it snapped back up easily.

3817955503_3c1a55e7fb.jpg

3818765702_6d8bfed825.jpg

I don't think the level mechanism works.

3818766064_49c45bc7d6.jpg

Or this one.

3817956593_f7b4350526.jpg

Get both of those where they "should" be and you're looking at at least 50 degrees if not more.

3817955149_6b51451874.jpg

3818766780_77e67171c5.jpg

Both seats. You can see how reclined an Xterra's backseat is. Even Piper's Nautilus is reclined. (don't go by the fence in the background for level, my neighbor lot slopes back to the alleyway)

3817957365_b1d0cb8a0e.jpg

Just needs a baby!

3818767686_e59f071855.jpg

And, one, two, three, four, and FIVE noodles to get that angle. Without it was closer to 32 or so.

3818768078_6d66e8b363.jpg

Wendy

Nisha

wow, that's a ton of pool noodles!!! I can't imagine it more reclined... I think then you would have a "car bed"!

susanx4

wow i Love the cranberry!!!! hmmmm might need to get a back up cover.... lol yeah i got C's in upright with out any noodles or towels but i was thinking to myself that, to get any more reclined then i have it, it will take a LOT of noodles!

Splash

Beautiful cover (on grey seats, how could you?), but even the first picture looks WAY over reclined. I know you know what you're doing, maybe it's just a bad picture... but wow, REALLY reclined. Moreso than I think I would be comfortable with.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Beautiful cover (on grey seats, how could you?), but even the first picture looks WAY over reclined. I know you know what you're doing, maybe it's just a bad picture... but wow, REALLY reclined. Moreso than I think I would be comfortable with.

My interior is brown and gray. Not terribly exciting in any way.

I find that all True Fits look overreclined at 45 degrees. Maybe because I'm so used to seeing them somewhere between 50 and 60 because of the stupid lines. But on the inside of the seat, especially with the infant padding installed, it's 45 or maybe as little as 42 or 43. With the padding in I'm going to have to watch her and make sure it's ok as it is. Plus, my backseat is super sloped, and that makes any seat look super reclined, even if it's not. And while my driveway is fairly flat, my neighbors' lots are not flat outside the windows. So there are so many things happening. But it looks super reclined, I agree. It's just not.

I sent these pictures to Denise Donaldson. She's taking these pictures and others with her to KIM and hoping to continue her chat with the LC reps. She's already been in contact with them because of seats we've seen at checks (again, the stupid line, which at that point was just a sticker stuck to the seat!). They've explained how perfect their angles are, and yet here's real life saying, "Hey dude, does this look safe to you??!" So it's an ongoing conversation for her. Hopefully she'll hear something and they'll figure it out.

Point of that story, call LC and complain about their geometry!! hehe They can't figure out 45 degrees with a pen and paper and protractor!

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC