Who writes the descriptions??

ADS

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Ugh! I don't know who writes them. I assume the stores do because many of them are incorrect.

The third review on this one...the seat is being used for a 25mo!!!:eek: I wish upon wish that stores took the time to at least get their descriptions right- at least according to the law. Best practice would be better, but at least the law! Come to think of it the manufacturers should have to place a warning, just like the airbags warnings n RFing seats, that boosters of any kind should not be used until a minimum of 4 and 40.

I am just shocked. What would possess anyone to put a 25mo in a booster?!?!?!?!?!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Reading the reviews is just making me angry!!!!! LOL Here I am struggling with that to get for a SEVEN YEAR old to use for the weekend....and people are putting 2yr olds into these things. My 2yr olds are rf...it's hard enough to have them FF...let alone in a no-back booster....ack!

monstah

I reported it as "innapropriate". I wonder if Walmart will respond to that.

ETA: It was the review about the 25 months old that I reported as innapropriate.

Last edited:

christineka

Amazon has the tribute described as "Evenflo's Tribute 5 DLX is the 'throne' of convertible car seats!"

I think that's comical since the tribute is one of those cheapy types. (My ds rides in a tribute and I know it is safe, I just wouldn't describe it as the "throne of carseats".)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I guess what's worse is that the labeling on the Ambassador box says it is fine for use by children 30lbs and age 1 and 34" tall. Since a 25mo is probably close to the ht/wt limits, it seems like it must be the perfect seat. Then they think they have a bargain. Then they come to BRU and spend $20+ bucks on extra pads and seatbelt adjusters to make the Ambassador fit and keep the kid's head up when they nap. And for the same money they could have just bought a Throne :cool:

southpawboston

well all you have to do is google the description, and you will find that it's not the store who writes the descriptions. i think the descriptions are provided in a press kit that comes from the manufacturer, or the branding agency, and the retailer and pick and choose what parts of the press kit to include in their own ads.

so i would really say it really comes down to the mfr for the poor wording and lack of promotion of less than best practices. :twocents:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Though I'm sure it's Britax's next new seat...Regent, King, Monarch, Prince have all been out there, Throne seems like a possible next choice... :D

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I am just shocked. What would possess anyone to put a 25mo in a booster?!?!?!?!?!

They fit. 30 lbs, 36" & over a year old. A woman at my church has her 24.5 month old in one. Not sure if it's backless, and frankly, I don't want to know.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
They fit. 30 lbs, 36" & over a year old. A woman at my church has her 24.5 month old in one. Not sure if it's backless, and frankly, I don't want to know.

The larger of my twins still isn't that big!!!! And he's big! I can't imagine a 1yr old his size. And there is no way my 2yr old would ever sit in a booster....he'd be ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!! So sad to think of these babies sitting in boosters. It's GOT to take more work to try and keep them in a booster then the 10 seconds it takes to buckle them into a harness. Are they really that lazy?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC