Time to stop feeding the baby

Splash

Charlie weighs 30 pounds now.
Good bye beloved SafeSeat (which we rarely use anyway).
He's only 16 months old. There is no way he's going to even make it to two years before I have to turn him.
Drats.

ADS

SPJ&E

Wow, what a big boy! At least we know you're feeding him well, LOL! He is SO cute, by the way...I don't think I've told you that!

Last edited:

Splash

He walks, runs, climbs, jumps, crawls, digs, and swings from the towel bar. There is no lack of activity.
And he's not fat either, I don't get it. This kid is SOLID. It's like picking up a brick. But he's definitely heavy. People never believe how heavy he is until they pick him up.
Birth stats- 11 pounds 7 oz, 20.5 inches
6 months- 21 pounds, 27 inches
1 year- 28 pounds, 30 inches
Yesterday- 30 pounds, 33 inches

All I wanted was a tiny little girl. How did I get a linebacker?! And the kid gets almost no solids too! That's all on milk! Granted Jean's milk looks more like heavy whipping cream, and I've never pumped so I can't really *look* at mine, but really... I think he's been over vitamined or something. And he's been so sick almost his entire life, how did he grow this big?

RubysGirl

LOL, Mama's milk does magic, eh?

30lbs doesnt' at all sound exessive or fat for 33 inches. My son is about that tall and 25lbs. He is skinny, no rolls on his thighs, and he must have slim cut pants or a belt most of the time. I think another 5lbs would fill him out nicely. He's also a bit older, to be that heavy to that height sounds pefect for your son's age. One of my nephews is about that big, he's almost 19 months, but about 17 months adjusted. He's the bruser of the three, too. He shoves his brothers around all the time. LOL.

LuvBug

nope I wouldnt say he was overweight at all. Boys do tend to weigh more than they look IMO. DS doesnt look like he weighs 38lbs, but then you try to pick him up lol!

Splash

:Oh I know he is far from overweight. Just so BIG! I think people who say they are keeping their kids RF until age five lie :p . They must be fifty pounds or something :)
Charlie's just a huge kid. He's put on over 2 pounds in only four months, I don't think it'll take that long to hit 33. Especially since he has been sick the last few weeks and hardly eating at all, I thought he would have lost weight! I guess I'll have to keep an eye on it in the future. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. Maybe I'll get lucky and his body will realize that there has always been an abundance of food available and to stop hoarding it! Nah, no such luck. I just have a huge kid.

skipspin

LOL, He's two inches shorter and 2-3 lbs lighter than my 3.5 yr old, and she actually still has some chubby baby rolls. (Don't tell her I said that.) She's definately taking after all the short genes that she got. Wait, that's probaby all she got!

On the other hand, DD's best friend (a boy) is 40 lb and 38ish inches at 3, and he doesn't have one roll- he's just VERY solid. We got him a Radian for his birthday ;-) When they were 12-24 months (he is three months younger) I babysat him for a few days at a time and they looked like identical twins. I got stopped all the time with twin comments. Not anymore.

Shaunam

I'm sure he'll slow down soon. DS was 30 lbs at about 15 months (after gaining rapidly his whole first year), then lost 2 lbs. He wasn't even sick or anything, he just lost weight. He's been teetering at 29 lbs for almost 6 months. 16 months is about the right time to slow down. Just wait, a year from now, you'll be going, "Ack, why hasn't my kid gained any weight!?" :confused:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
:Oh I know he is far from overweight. Just so BIG! I think people who say they are keeping their kids RF until age five lie :p . They must be fifty pounds or something :)
Charlie's just a huge kid. He's put on over 2 pounds in only four months, I don't think it'll take that long to hit 33. Especially since he has been sick the last few weeks and hardly eating at all, I thought he would have lost weight! I guess I'll have to keep an eye on it in the future. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. Maybe I'll get lucky and his body will realize that there has always been an abundance of food available and to stop hoarding it! Nah, no such luck. I just have a huge kid.

hee hee hee hee

I would LOVE to see our kids together. At 16 months he's only 6-7 inches shorter than Piper, and dead on in weight. Other than she's got three years on him. I'm going to have to start keeping an eye on her weight, though. She's moving up faster than normal all of a sudden, height and weight. She'll love being FFing full time again. Reminds me, need to go yank out the Radian and put her Wiz back RFing.

Wendy

Kellyr2

Mikayla wasn't that big, but she hit 32 around 2 yrs and was no more than 35 at 3 years. It definitely slowed down a ton. She's been spurting lately though - was 40 at a checkup in August, 42 a couple months later, and 45 now. (4.5 y)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC