Any Signs of Oobr?

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
The site still says in stores on the 15th, which would be Saturday, right? I'm really anxious to get my hands on this seat and see what I think!

ADS

hsjwmom

Yeah, it's driving me nuts! I check clek's facebook page at least once a day, usually 2-3 though. :eek:

AtTheSouthDam

GAAH! Delayed again. Standard colors are now expected to ship by August 24th and Paul Frank designs Aug 31st :( I'm gettinG impatient darn it!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Bummer. At the rate they're going, Leah will actually be big/old enough to fit in it when it comes out (er...I'm kidding, she's only 3.5 and 30lbs, technically that's big enough, but not for MY kid! lol)

I hope you guys don't have to wait more than a few more weeks!

hsjwmom

Good grief. :rolleyes:

Anybody else remember these:
Hi, we are stating August because not every store will get their shipment in July.
Thanks
August 15th for US and Canada. But you will start seeing them in July. Not all of our stores will have them the first day we start shipping, so we put August 15th.
Hope that helps :)

I know, I know...these things happen. I'm just highly irritated! :mad:

AtTheSouthDam

Good grief. :rolleyes:

Anybody else remember these:

I know, I know...these things happen. I'm just highly irritated! :mad:

Yeah, then you add the fact I am paying $100+ over a Montery just because DD1 wants a monkey on it and I canceled my order. Grandma can embroider a monkey on the Montery instead :mad: I was especially upset that that "component" is delaying th e Paul Franks a week over others!

ETA: CLEK is offering to send one from the plant! :eek: New thread time...

Last edited:

crunchierthanthou

latest update on facebook (about 5 minutes ago):

In a continued spirit of transparency, we have some additional news to share with you regarding our Oobr launch. Unfortunately, after building many seats, the fabric is still not meeting our high standards of quality on all colors. Therefore, in good conscience, we cannot put these products out in the marketplace.

We realize this news will bring frustration to those of you who have been waiting so patiently for our fullback seat – we are certainly frustrated as well. There is nothing that will give us more excitement then being able to get Oobr into your hands. However, we will not compromise our standards in order to do that.

We would like to emphasize that the delay at this point has to do with the fabric and NOT the function or safety of the seat. We’d like to believe you have the same high expectations of our product as we do and will therefore understand our decision to delay the launch at this time. Our fabric supplier has committed to resolving this quality issue as quickly as possible.

We are anticipating shipment of all colors the week of August 31st, however will keep you apprised of Oobr status as soon as we receive any further updates. Please contact us with any questions and thank you very much for your continued support as we work through this.

bummer, but can't really hold it against them. I'll bet someone is pulling his hair out today. :(

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I saw that on fb. At least they are keeping folks updated on the status. I'm guess it will be pushed back even longer.

puglover333

www.mbeans.com

Those are the two sites I know off the top of my head.

If you do preorder - become a fan of Clek on facebook and let them know you have preordered. They are doing drawings to give away Oobrs free. They did the first one when they got 30 preorders. Now they are doing them for each additional 10 orders. (They just got to 40 and will do a drawing on Monday). Next one will be at 50 orders.
www.facebook.com/pages/clek/56869167766

Last edited by a moderator:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Just thought I'd post that they must be getting close to shipping... A store in the city told me this past week that they recently received a phone call to confirm that they still wanted the same amount of stock as what they'd initially pre-ordered.

So I think that's a good sign. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC