I'm hoping my SIL just misunderstood...

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
My SIL took her two new Radians to be installed by a CPST at the California Highway Patrol today. She also has a Marathon. She wanted all three seats on the 2nd row of her Suzuki XL7 with the Marathon RF in the middle. The tech told her that he couldn't install the MA in the middle b/c it's a lap-only belt and a MA has to be installed with a lap/shoulder belt. What!? Is he on crack!? I'm just hoping she misunderstood what he said and he had some other reason he couldn't install the MA in the middle. The seats won't fit on one row with the MA outboard, so she has one Radian in the last row.

ADS

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
She's a couple states away...but I'll be there in a couple months and will help her then. Everything is tightly installed now, so at least everyone is safe...

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Doesn't the MA MANUAL talk about / illustrate installation with a lap belt?

And the vehicle manual as well?

Is the MA tethered?

Hope you can get it straightened out.

skaterbabs

definately the CHP officer was nuts re: the lap belt install. It's FINE to do so. Now if her lapbelt has really big locking latchplates, it's POSSIBLE he isn't experienced enough to get a secure enough installation without the buckle getting stuck in the belt path, I guess. That's pretty far-fetched though.

Alicia-N-2SafeBugs

Senior Community Member
So, it looks like my SIL really may just have misunderstood. She's saying there was something about the seatbelt position or something that he couldn't put it in the center. Now I'm DYING to get ahold of this vehicle and seat and see if I can do it :p.

I'm wondering if she put one of the Radians in the center RF and then the Radian and Marathon outboard FF if it would all puzzle together nicely....I don't think the CPST thought to suggest that one. Although, her 2yo would be ticked...he's excited about his new Radian "big boy seat" and calls the Marathon a "baby seat." lol!

I asked her if he showed her how to tether her Marathon, but haven't heard back yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC