Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Just a scary reminder about Carbon Monoxide...

This happened not to far from me and is making national news. Just reminding everyone to get a Carbon Monoxide detector if you haven't already, or to "test" the one you have. I personally almost died from Carbon Monoxide when I was 19, so I am a big advocate for it. Every year I try to buy a family I know a Carbon Monoxide detector for Christmas. It makes a great gift to anyone you love!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061219/...ksville_deaths
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Just a scary reminder about Carbon Monoxide...

That's a great reminder! I got Carbon Monoxide poisoning when I was about 19 as well ~ although, I was just stupid & drunk I had a detector: it was going off & I didn't remember what it was for so I just unplugged it Luckilly, all my windows were cracked....
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Re: Just a scary reminder about Carbon Monoxide...

These news stories lately have really been making me think. Mark is not nearly as cautious as I am, so I did voice some concerns during the power outage about using the propane camp stuff indoors. Mark rolled his eyes at me and cracked some windows, but treated me like I was overreacting.

I think we'll be getting a carbon monoxide detector soon.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche