FF seat which one (deciding between two)?

momto2princes

Would you prefer the Britax Frontier or the Radian XT for FF harnessed only (meaning the fact that the Frontier turns into a booster isn't important)?

ADS

April

I like the Frontier for the taller top slots. My kids have lasted a year longer in the Frontier than the Radian.

oxeye

Assuming a good install with both, I prefer the Frontier for FF. Those are DD1's two seats. She likes the Frontier better as well.

As an overall seat, though I like the Radian a bit better. But that's comparing apples to oranges. Only looking at FF, I definitely prefer the Frontier. Fits kids longer, has a cupholder (LOL this is important to DD1), and you don't have to rethread the harness to adjust the height.

Mama Jo

Definitely the FN.

The seat is wider/deeper and more comfy for a bigger kid. My DD cris-crosses her legs very comfortably and complains that she can't do that in the RN.

So also likes having the cupholders.

And I prefer the harness adjuster on the FN over the RN. They both ratchet once it gets tighter, but the FN is much smoother.

I think that the crotch buckle sits out further on the FN also. I think.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC