Frontier vent.....

momto2princes

I loved my Britax Marathon and so when it was outgrown I got DS the Frontier. I had heard a few install woes but that didn't deter me at all. Now we have owned it for six months. Every time I have to take it out and re-install it I loathe the thing not to mention the sweat required to put it back in. I can't believe how horrible the seat looks on the bottom (under the bum and legs) fuzzing, and fraying.
I just can't understand it, why can a company that can make such great seats make one that just doesn't stand up to the quality and ease of use I have come to expect?

Thanks for listening.

ADS

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

The Sahara cover doesn't fray like the mesh ones. Ours is wearing great. I agree on the install though. It's a pain in the butt!

Last edited:

momto2princes

I thought about ordering another cover for it, it just seems ridiculous to have to be thinking about that when I have only had the seat for 6 months!

I just might have to order a new one to save my sanity! Just looking at the seat makes me angry! I wonder if it is worth a call to them or not?

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Call them. They will send you a new cover for free! I am not in love with the Sahara but that is what I ordered so we won't have to deal with the fraying in the future.

I also am not in love with the install of this seat but other than that I really love it. It's a great "big kid" seat.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Britax said that they have had problems with the mesh so they offered the sahara cover free. They didn't ask me to send the other cover back either.

momto2princes

Awesome. I will definitely be calling them in the morning to get a new cover! Hopefully they will send one without a problem! Thanks for the heads up!

momto2princes

Thanks for the tip about calling them about the cover. They are sending my the Sahara cover and a new harness kit and buckle in the tan. I am glad I called.

horseymom

Thanks for the tip about calling them about the cover. They are sending my the Sahara cover and a new harness kit and buckle in the tan. I am glad I called.

awsome! I called a few months ago and they sent me a new Sahara cover too, but no tan harness. Lucky you!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC