RF Radian install in 2006 Prius - how to tether, too much recline?

punkinann

After much sweat, I got a tight RF install of my Radian 65 in the center back seat of my Prius 2006, using a locking clip on the seat belt. Now I have 3 questions:

1) Where to I attach the top tether? Does the Prius have an anchor in the floor that I'm missing?

2) The front passenger seat has to be pulled forward quite a bit to keep the back of the Radian from touching it. Any way to make the seat more upright? I've see people mention using the recline feature designed for forward facing seats, but the manual specifically says not to use this in RF.

3) Where do you put the manual for the seat? Is there a holder anywhere, or do you just slip it behind the cover anywhere? Seems like a recipe for a manual soaked in juice...

Thanks!

Jeanne

ADS

sunnyflower417

Re: RF Radian install in 2006 Pris - how to tether, too much recline?

I had a horrid install with a locking clip in an 01 Intrepid. The tether attaches to the Dring that came with the seat. You wrap the webbing around a non movable part of the seat track. Then attach the top tether to the D-ring. The manual is suppoed to hang off the back of the seat with a string. I have all the manuals in my glove box of my van!

Last edited:

Maedze

Neither a Prius nor the 01 Intrepid need a locking clip. The Prius locks at the retractor and the Intrepid has lightweight locking latchplates.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
And the Radian can touch the front seats gently. You don't want them smooshed up against one another (especially if the Prius has advanced airbags for the passenger), but it's fine if they're touching one another.

You cannot use the forward facing recline foot and the rear facing boot. Besides, it would only recline it more, not less.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC