My five year old is having a fit

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
...because she's 1.5 ounces from being too heavy to rear-face in our Radian which is retroactively rated to 40 lbs. rear-facing.

I told her she can ride rear-facing tomorrow, since she is (clothed, on the post office scale) still 1.5 ounces under the weight limit, since she REALLY REALLY wants to rear-face, but I can't weigh her every day, so that's it. I got a RF Boulevard in for her little sister (the 15 month old) on the passenger side where her seat used to be. We'll see if, after tomorrow, her sister (her 3 year old sister) is willing to rear-face again, or if it will be too much of a struggle... I think if she sees big sis doing it she might be willing, which is great since she has more than 2 1/2 lbs. before she'll outgrow it. I'd like to rear-face her, but I'm not going to do it if she'll scream every time we get in the car. She's 3, almost 3 1/2, she's been FF for a year and almost a half now. I guess I'm okay with it. I have to be since we really just can't do it if she hates it at this point. If she does I'll just put the other Radian back in the way they were. But I'm hoping she won't.

If this becomes a longer-term thing, having two RF again, I may have to see if I can get the Boulevard in the center instead, for ease of loading, but for now it was much easier to do it this way (since I don't have to take out and put in the seatbelt-installed Radian in the center.)

I just wish someone had thought of the post office scale sooner (thanks to whoever did that!) so Emma could have had a few more weeks of rear-facing (she's been gaining weight like crazy.) I'm surprised at how much she really, really, REALLY wants to "ride facing the back." (But then, we've talked about how safe it is, which is probably why!)

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'll take some tomorrow morning with my cell phone and text them to you. The real camera is still missing.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Did you check under the fridge?

Yeah, text me and I will email them to you, lol.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Oh! Toy box, do you have a toy box? Shelf of toys, stuffies? Under the seat in the car?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
We have a toy box. Haven't checked that...

Sent you pics though.

Not great since they're with a camera phone at night, but you can see how much room they have.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Thanks Judi!

Like I said, sorry about poor quality, best I can do right now. :)

5 year old RF in a Radian (39 lbs. 14.5 oz., 17 inch torso):
2nner.jpg

She has about 3/4-1 inch before outgrowing it by height (it's hard to tell in this pic, but I held her head down and checked.)

All 3 in an 03 Corolla, Boulevard behind driver, FF Radian center, RF Radian passenger:
jqkneb.jpg

This is how they'll ride tomorrow.

3 year old in a Radian RF (37 lbs. 5 oz., 16 1/2 inch torso):
wmimis.jpg

She has about 1 1/4-1 1/2 inches before outgrowing by height.

And all 3 like this, you can see the 5 year old crying about getting out of the RF seat and going FF:
juuutl.jpg

This is how they'll be riding hereafter until either the 3 year old hits 40 or the 15 month old hits 35 or outgrows the Boulevard by height, whichever comes first. Although like I said I might move the BV to the middle for ease of loading.

I wish I had a CA, I think I could get all 3 RF (though I might have to use my Uptown instead of the Boulevard, it would be doable.)

I'll try to get better pics tomorrow!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I was going to try to lighten them up for you, but my internet went down last night. It is working now, but yahoo isn't loading! grr

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC