BRU today and the CA...

Momof4Girls

Well. Let's just say that I like the height, I like the air cushions, and I like that it's not made in China.

What do I not like? virtually no leg room. My older 2 kiddos are right at 40lbs (6yrs 11mos and 5 years), and they both had their knees up around their necks (installed on the test bench). That said, both had well over an inch over their heads as installed on the test bench. Both are also well over 40" tall (dd1 is 47", dd2 is 43").

Even dd3 (35.75" and 27lbs) seemed like she barely had enough leg room...her knees were still in her abdomen (and she's not leggy!).

HUGE disappointment there. I thought the MR65 had a lot more leg room than the CA.

Anyway, colors were good, unlike the MR the cover fit well, etc. It has an absurd cupholder hooked to the side that seems like it would barely be reachable to a younger child in the seat (didn't think dd3 would have a very easy time reaching it).

Anyway, my response was lukewarm. LOL The complete lack of leg room (perhaps I could have played with it more and gotten a little more leg room, I don't know) was a big no-no for us. Aside from the whole 40" tall debate.

ADS

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I'm surprised. DD has loads of leg room in the CA - I would say comparable to the Radian (it's hard to compare because she draped her legs over the side of the Radian, and froggies in the CA). WAAAAY more room than, say, her Marathon. I tried the MR65 on the test bench and she had less leg room than the CA, but my pictures didn't turn out nicely.

DD's stats in my sig are current, and I would classify her as slightly leggy (not crazy, between a 3T and a 4T in length).

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
HAD to be the test bench..the ca/aoe shell gives TONS of rfing room..way more than a marathon, more like a radian or truefit. Here's a crappy pic of dd in my car, at 40 inches and 4.5 years old
IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

NOW..I do think there are a lot of legitimate complaints about the CA, thats for sure, but rearfacing room really shouldnt be one of them...I suppose, possibly in certain vehicles, depending on vehicle seat shape, etc, but in general, not an issue.

Momof4Girls

NOW..I do think there are a lot of legitimate complaints about the CA, thats for sure, but rearfacing room really shouldnt be one of them...I suppose, possibly in certain vehicles, depending on vehicle seat shape, etc, but in general, not an issue.

Leg room, not head room...leg room.

It was getting close to the kids' nap/quiet time, so maybe if I went back and played some more...I dunno.

I've also never installed a Radian RF, so who knows...

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Leg room, not head room...leg room.

It was getting close to the kids' nap/quiet time, so maybe if I went back and played some more...I dunno.

I've also never installed a Radian RF, so who knows...

Yes, I was referring to leg room. Can you see my pics? my dd has her feet pushed up against the seat, and her knees are nowhere near her neck..and if she crosses them, they barely even touch the seatback. She has tons of Rfing leg room.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC