11 pound 6 wk old in myride

christineka

Sorry, no pics. I didn't know I'd see it. I went to my 6 week checkup with the midwife today. Dd weighed 11 pounds. Then we went to target and had lunch in the parking lot. Baby dd woke up screaming. I put her in the mei tai, thinking she'd calm down. She did and didn't and so on. She was not particularly happy when I saw the MyRide, so I decided I may as well try her out. She calmed right down in the seat. With the infant insert in her shoulders were between the first and second slots. The harness got plenty tight enough for her and wasn't tightened all the way. I liked the cover. It was nice, plush, and I liked the colors. It was the Bartlett cover. I moved dd over to the marathon where her shoulders were a couple inches below the bottom slots. The cover wasn't so cushy either. So, I'd say the myride would be good for a newborn. I wish I could have it, but I like the keyfit too. (Oh, and dd got fussy again after I took her out of the car seats, but she fell asleep walking around.)

ADS

Raegansmom4

I thought it looked like the MyRide would be compatible for a newborn (my dd is 16 months and just moved into one). My dd is really comfy in it too. She came out of a Marathon (which she was comfortable in), but really seems more content in the car in the MyRide, if that makes sense?

christineka

Yeah, the slots are pretty low. Dd is between the first two slots in the keyfit without the infant padding.

After seeing the other target thread, I think I put dd in the roundabout 50. I didn't bother to look at what seat it was because it looked like a marathon. If that's a typical roundabout 50 cover, I wouldn't want one. I've put my kids in marathons before and they had plush, cushy covers.

I've figured everything out and shouldn't need a new seat for two years. I hope something great is out then.

NannyMom

Wow, those are some low slots if YOUR six week old is over the bottom slots! ;)

LOL, I was thinking she'd say the baby was below the bottom slots with the family's short torsos :) Glad she fit!

Yeah, the slots are pretty low. Dd is between the first two slots in the keyfit without the infant padding.

After seeing the other target thread, I think I put dd in the roundabout 50. I didn't bother to look at what seat it was because it looked like a marathon. If that's a typical roundabout 50 cover, I wouldn't want one. I've put my kids in marathons before and they had plush, cushy covers.

I've figured everything out and shouldn't need a new seat for two years. I hope something great is out then.

I don't think Target has the RA50. The new MA at Target is not plush. I wasn't very happy with the cover. It's white-ish with rounded squares. The cowmoo RA50 cover is plush, that's the only one I've seen IRL.

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! I knew that the slots looked REALLY low, but I didn't realize that they were that low! Cute how she stopped fussing as soon you put her in the seat!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC