Pick a slot, any slot

Pixels

Seriously, kiddo. I don't care which slot is the right slot for you. Just pick it, and stick with it, okay? So I know where to put the harness, and can stop thinking about it.

DD is currently on the second slots of her Radian. At least, that's where I have the harness. Months and months ago, I posted saying that she was almost at the third slots, and I was considering moving up to see if that was a better fit. She must have shrunk somehow, because very soon after that, she settled very firmly on the second slots.

Lately, she's been getting close to those third slots again. I've been keeping an eye on it, and again contemplating moving up. She's usually right at the slots when I first put her in the seat, but by the time we arrive at our destination, she's settled below, so I haven't done it yet. Yesterday, I put her in her seat, buckled her, and checked. She was way below the second slots, almost even with the bottom slots! :eek: I guess I'll stop worrying about when to move up to slot number 3 for a while. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, how could she have lost that much torso height, literally from one ride to the next? Same vehicle, same installation, same harness adjustments (didn't loosen when I got her out).

I know that the chances of her ramping out of the Radian, with a properly tightened harness, and the top of her head about even with the top slots, is zero. So I left it. But I felt like I was giving a very bad example to the friend who was standing right next to the car, door open, looking at how cute DD is in her carseat. Those straps were so clearly coming from above her shoulder. I consoled myself with the fact that her kids are well past carseats and she probably didn't even notice such a detail. But ugh anyway.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC