When is a Radian considered outgrown?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Sunshine Kids actually allows use even after the shoulders are above the top harness slots. I will not use my Radian past that point, but I am making the personal decision not to do so.

SKJP allows use until the top of child's ears are above the shell OR until the child is 53" tall.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Technically they can go taller, but she really, really thought it was uncomfortable about that point.

Julie, I find that interesting because DS fits just about the same (and has nearly the same stats as Bitsy in that pic) - his shoulders are maybe a hair lower - in our newish Radian. He not only finds it comfortable, but he's been choosing it over the Nautilus lately, including for our 4.5-hour trip last weekend. (Chose it even over the Regent, which I would have happily installed for him.) I should take some pics of him in the seat.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
He's a boy, his butt is skinnier. ;)

No, seriously...hmmm... no idea. Maybe it was the narrow chest clip? Do you have a wider chest clip on yours? Maybe she played the pain card knowing that she'd get a Parkway instead? hmmmm... or maybe the Nautilus is the uncomfortable one?

:)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
He's a boy, his butt is skinnier. ;)

No, seriously...hmmm... no idea. Maybe it was the narrow chest clip? Do you have a wider chest clip on yours? Maybe she played the pain card knowing that she'd get a Parkway instead? hmmmm... or maybe the Nautilus is the uncomfortable one?

:)

He is a skinny little bugger. :p But he's the same height and about 2 lbs heavier than Bitsy in that pic.

We have the narrow chest clip (but will be replacing it with the new one soon). He loves the Nautilus.

I do think Bisty is broader in the shoulders, though. And ... DS has the shoulder pads on his seat. I think that makes a big difference - even with her shirt collar pulled up, it looks like the straps are pretty tight around her neck.

todzwife

Thank you :)

How old/big are your kids when you find that they are "too big" for this seat? DS's shoulders are JUST above the second tallest slot, but moving the straps up is making it dig into his neck. He is well within the height and weight limit for the seat. (42 pounds 46 inches 15 inch torso).

Any suggestions on how to keep the straps from rubbing him? That's the only thing he complained about the whole 4 hour trip today.

cookie123

Do you have the "new" chest clip? Otherwise, use the strap covers or pull the shirt up between the neck and the strap.

todzwife

It's a brand new seat (manu date 6/09) so I guess it's the new one. We'll try the strap covers and see if he still whines about it :D

thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC