New YouTube video regarding ERF

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2DVfqFhseo"]The Importance of Rear Facing[/ame] The YouTube video(on the importance of rear-facing) that features so many c-s.org kids is great, but I think we need an updated one. The one linked above has been (and still is!) awesome, but it is several years old now.

With so many seats that now go to 40 pounds RF and will so many new seats on the market (which weren't available when the current video was made), I think it would be helpful to have a new video. Also, with the "new" information we have regarding the most current recommendations (especially since there are great articles from professional journals), it might help to strengthen the argument if there is more data, more citations, etc.

Anyone up for the challenge of making a new video? PLEASE? :D:D

ADS

Madeline410

I have this video linked in my siggy on a mommy message board I go to.. I would LOVE an updated one, too! I get SO many PMs from moms telling me that clicking on the link to this vid in my siggy is the reason they are keeping their LO RF :thumbsup: I don't know who made it, but THANK YOU!

JerseyGirl'sMama

I think that is a WONDERFUL idea! We could include pics of our kiddos ERFing and even quotes from the AAP's recs. Unfortunately I am not talented enough to do it, but I would love to help. :)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Including information from The British Medical Journal article (I have to search for the actual article, but here is an NIH article referencing that article) would be good.

Here is an AAP article. I think the AAP's stance is important to note.

Possibly getting permission to use this story would be helpful...[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8gU9zzCGA8"]YouTube - Front facing or Rear facing? Car seat safety TRUE STORY crash test videos[/ame]

Mommy2Marcus

I think that that is an awsome idea! I will totally be willing to contribute pictures of Marcus RF. However I am not talented enough to do the video! Just let me know if anyone is up to it & wants pictures of Marcus for the video!

Dillipop

I would love to contribute pics of Gilbey for this. I am not savvy enough to put one together, though.

NannyMom

Just chiming in with everyone else. I have no idea how to make a video. But I'd love to give pics of Sofi.

Wiggles

I know I'm new and I don't know everything everyone else knows, but if people were willing to contribute pictures and information--make an outline of sorts--I'm a former film student and I'm not bad at putting things together. I don't have the good equipment--I'd be using iMovie, most likely (though I'll look into some other programs over the next couple weeks), which isn't ideal, so if someone has more experience and better programs, feel free to speak up.

I'm going to be mostly away for the next couple weeks, but should be back in a week and a half-to-two weeks, so if no one else has stepped forward, I'll throw my hat in the ring to put this together.

elle7715

I can give pictures but I have no idea how to put a video together. I think the idea of including the new AAP recommendation is great. It's something new and could get people's attention.

kandamom

I don't know how to make a video, but I'd love to contribute a picture.

Rebecca
K - 7.5, 51.5", 57 lbs, Monterey
A - 25 months, 37.5", 32 lbs, rf in a Radian65

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
I'm still new around here as well,and have no idea how to make a video but I'd love to contribute pics of Bella.

Laurette

I agree. I would also like to see lots of different models of correctly used Rfing seats. There are so many different good ones out now. :)

Laurette

Does anyone know who mad that video in the OP? I think I can make a video on Photobucket, but I cant figure out how to slow down the slides. Also I'm not sure if I can add a video into it like the crash test vid.

myliljunebugs

I'd love to add my dd to this! But like (many) PP's I have no clue how to video. But I will email pics of DD to whoever does do this! :D

keri1292

i don't have the time to make one right now (taking a technology time out!), but most Windows users have a program called Windows Movie Maker if someone wants to give it a try. It's time consuming but simple. :)

I can give you pics of a RFing 6yo. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC