Don't know how to explain, privacy issues?

Mae

Go to this link... http://www.car-seat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3 and look (without actually clicking) at the most recent posts for the Senior Private Chat and the regular Community Member Chat.
The most recent post for the Senior Private Chat is showing up under the most recent post for the Community member chat.

Does this mean that the average looker on the board can see what's going on in the SCMC? Because I know that I can...
Does this also mean that they can actually CLICK on the link and see it? I don't know, because I actually have access to the SCMC.

Last edited:
ADS

vonfirmath

Re: Don't know how to explain, it shows posts twice?

I don't know the answers to your other questions, but this is how it works. The most recent post in a top level forum that is highlighted could actually be a post in a underlying forum instead of that exact forum. So the post is only there once, but it "shows up" twice in that list.

Mae

Re: Don't know how to explain, it shows posts twice?

Well I understand that it only shows up once in the actual forums, I'm just curious as to whether or not members who don't have access to the senior forum can read our stuff. I just didn't know how to word it without it being really long.

Mae

I, too, have access to SCM, so I logged off to see if I could see the problem, but don't even have access to CM, so I can't.

Can't some members have access to the CM but not the SCM? I don't remember that far back lol. If this is the case, they could still see it. KWIM?

mom2juliarose

I have CM but not SCM priveleges but when I look I only see "Private" as the last post in SCM. Is that what you mean?

Edited to attach screen shot.

Last edited:

Mae

Well it's fixed now... :scratcheshead:

Did somebody else at least see what I was talking about?

Dillipop

If you have access to SCM, then you will see a post and title. If you don't have SCM access, then you will only see private or not even have the subforum show up in your list.

You only see the forums that you are entitled to see based on your membership.

Mae

If you have access to SCM, then you will see a post and title. If you don't have SCM access, then you will only see private or not even have the subforum show up in your list.

I understand this, that is why I started this thread. The problem was this: The posts that were originally posted in the SCM were showing up under the CM in the link originally provided. It is fixed now, so you cannot see what I was talking about.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I understand this, that is why I started this thread. The problem was this: The posts that were originally posted in the SCM were showing up under the CM in the link originally provided. It is fixed now, so you cannot see what I was talking about.

I posted something in SCM right before I looked at the link in your OP. My post in SCM showed up as the most recent thread in the regular Community Member area.

But I think that's normal (therefore it was never broken, and never fixed). I think the PPs are correct. If you have SCM access, the most recent post in CM or SCM will show up. If you don't have SCM access, it's probably only the most recent CM post that shows.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I posted something in SCM right before I looked at the link in your OP. My post in SCM showed up as the most recent thread in the regular Community Member area.

But I think that's normal (therefore it was never broken, and never fixed). I think the PPs are correct. If you have SCM access, the most recent post in CM or SCM will show up. If you don't have SCM access, it's probably only the most recent CM post that shows.

This is how it should be working. No changes or fixes have been made, though it's possible there was a glitch.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC