Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Exclamation Don't know how to explain, privacy issues?

Go to this link... http://www.car-seat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3 and look (without actually clicking) at the most recent posts for the Senior Private Chat and the regular Community Member Chat.
    The most recent post for the Senior Private Chat is showing up under the most recent post for the Community member chat.

Does this mean that the average looker on the board can see what's going on in the SCMC? Because I know that I can...
    Does this also mean that they can actually CLICK on the link and see it? I don't know, because I actually have access to the SCMC.
    Last edited by Mae; 08-07-2009 at 03:27 PM.
    Click here to learn about those little green boxes, aka, reputation and "thanks"!
    "Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't." - Bill Nye

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Don't know how to explain, it shows posts twice?

I don't know the answers to your other questions, but this is how it works. The most recent post in a top level forum that is highlighted could actually be a post in a underlying forum instead of that exact forum. So the post is only there once, but it "shows up" twice in that list.

--Sarah & D.J. (3-20-04)
    DS (08/07) ~ 8 ~ 52 pound ~ Graco Highback Turbobooster -- 3rd Grade!
    DD (08/11) ~ 4 yr ~ 32 lb ~ Britax Roundabout 50, Maestro -- Pre-K!

Re: Don't know how to explain, it shows posts twice?

Well I understand that it only shows up once in the actual forums, I'm just curious as to whether or not members who don't have access to the senior forum can read our stuff. I just didn't know how to word it without it being really long.
    Click here to learn about those little green boxes, aka, reputation and "thanks"!

CPS Technician JerseyGirl'sMama's Avatar

Re: Don't know how to explain, privacy issues?

I, too, have access to SCM, so I logged off to see if I could see the problem, but don't even have access to CM, so I can't.
    DD 5.5yrs, FF in a Recaro ProSPORT
    DS 2.75yrs, RF in a Peg Primo Viaggio

Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl'sMama View Post
    I, too, have access to SCM, so I logged off to see if I could see the problem, but don't even have access to CM, so I can't.
    Can't some members have access to the CM but not the SCM? I don't remember that far back lol. If this is the case, they could still see it. KWIM?

I can't access SCM. I can't see anything in it either. It just say SCM and then says Private across where the top post would be.
    Sanna-5 years, 33 pounds, Nautilus
    Karl-2 years, 25 pounds, RF in a Roundabout or Marathon

I have CM but not SCM priveleges but when I look I only see "Private" as the last post in SCM. Is that what you mean?

Edited to attach screen shot.
    Last edited by mom2juliarose; 09-28-2011 at 12:03 PM.
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Sunshine Kids Radian65 and Diono R100)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit)

Well it's fixed now...

Did somebody else at least see what I was talking about?

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

If you have access to SCM, then you will see a post and title. If you don't have SCM access, then you will only see private or not even have the subforum show up in your list.

You only see the forums that you are entitled to see based on your membership.

CCO 4/15

Quote Originally Posted by Dillipop View Post
    If you have access to SCM, then you will see a post and title. If you don't have SCM access, then you will only see private or not even have the subforum show up in your list.
    I understand this, that is why I started this thread. The problem was this: The posts that were originally posted in the SCM were showing up under the CM in the link originally provided. It is fixed now, so you cannot see what I was talking about.

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by megnjay View Post
    I understand this, that is why I started this thread. The problem was this: The posts that were originally posted in the SCM were showing up under the CM in the link originally provided. It is fixed now, so you cannot see what I was talking about.
    I posted something in SCM right before I looked at the link in your OP. My post in SCM showed up as the most recent thread in the regular Community Member area.

But I think that's normal (therefore it was never broken, and never fixed). I think the PPs are correct. If you have SCM access, the most recent post in CM or SCM will show up. If you don't have SCM access, it's probably only the most recent CM post that shows.

Quote Originally Posted by LISmama810 View Post
    I posted something in SCM right before I looked at the link in your OP. My post in SCM showed up as the most recent thread in the regular Community Member area.

But I think that's normal (therefore it was never broken, and never fixed). I think the PPs are correct. If you have SCM access, the most recent post in CM or SCM will show up. If you don't have SCM access, it's probably only the most recent CM post that shows.
    This is how it should be working. No changes or fixes have been made, though it's possible there was a glitch.
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, eBay, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright 2001-2016, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us