Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

School me on double strollers

I know very little about strollers. We have a Maclaren Volo that we like, but we would like a double.

One 3.5 year old (very light ~30 lbs) and one 10 month old (~22 lbs) would ride in it. We'll walk to the downtown area which is about 1-1.5 miles. Sometimes we take the train, so something that is easy to collapse and light/small would be ideal. We sometimes go to the beach, but otherwise it is all sidewalk/paved street travel.

I know nothing about what is available or what the cost would be. For those of you who know this sort of thing and like talking about it, teach me. What's good? What are my options? What different price points are we talking about?

Thanks!
    Sanna-5 years, 33 pounds, Nautilus
    Karl-2 years, 25 pounds, RF in a Roundabout or Marathon

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Jennifer mom to my 7's Avatar

Re: School me on double strollers

For long walks like that I would want air tires, or at least something like the baby jogger city mini double. Truthfully, you may want to look at 2 different doubles. Like maybe a maclaren twin triumph for when you take the train, and something like a baby jogger city series, bob revolution duallie (or the AW) or a mountain buggy urban double. They would work on the beach, but sometimes you want to be careful with the salt and the stroller. Price points are anywhere from 80-800 depending on exactly what you are looking for. But for a compromise, the baby jogger city mini double may just suit you just fine.
    Whatever Wendy said

"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Re: School me on double strollers

In your situation i would look into the phil and ted's. Your oldest is 3.5 so she won't always be in a stroller. With the phil and ted's you have the option of a single or a double.