School me on double strollers

Stresch

I know very little about strollers. We have a Maclaren Volo that we like, but we would like a double.

One 3.5 year old (very light ~30 lbs) and one 10 month old (~22 lbs) would ride in it. We'll walk to the downtown area which is about 1-1.5 miles. Sometimes we take the train, so something that is easy to collapse and light/small would be ideal. We sometimes go to the beach, but otherwise it is all sidewalk/paved street travel.

I know nothing about what is available or what the cost would be. For those of you who know this sort of thing and like talking about it, teach me. What's good? What are my options? What different price points are we talking about?

Thanks!

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

For long walks like that I would want air tires, or at least something like the baby jogger city mini double. Truthfully, you may want to look at 2 different doubles. Like maybe a maclaren twin triumph for when you take the train, and something like a baby jogger city series, bob revolution duallie (or the AW) or a mountain buggy urban double. They would work on the beach, but sometimes you want to be careful with the salt and the stroller. Price points are anywhere from 80-800:eek: depending on exactly what you are looking for. But for a compromise, the baby jogger city mini double may just suit you just fine.

my2kidsSafe

In your situation i would look into the phil and ted's. Your oldest is 3.5 so she won't always be in a stroller. With the phil and ted's you have the option of a single or a double.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC