Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Crossing legs in the back seat?

My son is 5'10 and has long legs so it's uncomfortable for him to sit normally in the back. his calves go so high above the seat that it causes his lapbelt portion to ride up and he has barely and leg room. what he does is he sorta crossses his legs while keeping them touching the ground so they are not as high. is this safe?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Re: Crossing legs in the back seat?

If the seat belt fits him properly while doing so, then it's safe enough. Regardless, he may not have a lot of options.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

Totally off topic, but I Dobie's name is Toby, I we always call him Toby puppy. lol

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Totally off topic, but I Dobie's name is Toby, I we always call him Toby puppy. lol
    my lab is named toby hence the name