I dont think the XT is going to work anymore...

xxluckychicxx

Atleast for DD :(

Everytime she sleeps (pretty much every car ride) she slumps so bad that her head is completely under the wings.

a) it doesnt look comfortable at all
b) what good are the wings if they arent protecting her head?

I also dont like the fit of the wings even at the lowest position because they only protect about half of her head.

The other deciding factor is that I havent had the XTs long at all and they are falling apart. I love how sturdy the seats are, but the quality, IMHO, is not good at all. All the stickers have either fallen off or are hanging on by a thread and all 3 covers I've had are going to hell, including the brand new one that has been used less than a week. SK CS is supposed to be "reviewing" my issues to see what they want to do.

Right now the only back up seat I can use is a RA. She still fits with a couple of inches above her head but its not going to work long term.

Should I use the RA until SK gets back to me on what they are going to do and then sell her XT and buy a new seat?

ETA: Well what do ya know, Susan just emailed me back and they are sending me 2 new seats :thumbsup: Now I just need to decide what to do :rolleyes:

ADS

xxluckychicxx

Another thought, should I just ask for my $$$ back? I havent been pleased with the quality and I'm afraid there will be issues with the new ones too.

4boysmom

I wouldn't sell the seats if you really think they are cruddy... like honestly cruddy not just "doesn't work for me". I'd ask for a refund if you don't think they will work for you. Save you the frustration and them the cost of mailing out 2 heavy seats.

canadiangie

I suppose, if you feel that the current XT's are crap, you could accept the new ones, hope they're better, and tuck one away for Maiya to use once she's outgrown the RA and is a little older and taller. I'm guessing you'll see a dramatic difference in how she fits over the next 6mos. The XT having such a tall shell and a 40lb rf limit really is your best long-long term bet in terms of EEERF'ing.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I hate the head wings too. I want them to go farther down, and I don't like the covers. That's why I stay with the original!

TheQueenMother

Wonder if they'd sub 80s for the xts and refund the difference?
I would use the ra until she outgrows it as well, you may like the wings better if you keep the xts then. And I love my RA.

xxluckychicxx

Ok, now another issue :rolleyes:

The seats install rock solid incredibly upright in my car. Its great! I usually install the with my front seats pushed back to where they touch the backs of the RFing XTs, but I can get the same angle on the XTs if I have my front seats all the way forward, so its not like having my front seats back is what makes them upright. Does that make any sense at all?

Well anyways last night while I was driving DS dropped his ball and it rolled under my front seat. So I pulled over and moved my seat forward to get it, but while I was moving the seat forward his XT reclined so much that it stayed touching the front seat even with it pushed all the way forward. It was definately way more than 45 degress. So I reinstalled and the same thing happened. So I tried it will DD's seat and the same thing happened to hers too :mad:. Surely that cant be safe and this is my reasoning: In an accident everything moves forward including the front seats, so wouldnt that leave room for possible over rotation?

NannyMom

Are you pulling the base out from the bight of the seat when you install? I know when I do that in my van, I can get it tight... but then it will sink back because the base wants to be in the bight. So, it's a no-go for me. Is that what's happening?

xxluckychicxx

Well, my replacement XTs arrived today and are currently sitting in my kitchen completely untouched. I really cannot decide what to do.

I've tried reinstalling our current XTs several times and each time I move the front seat forward with the kids in the XTs they recline *alot*. And yes, the base is completely shoved in the bight.

I'm really considering selling them, but I'm not sure what new seats I would get. DS has been telling me that he's going to ride "backwards" (he means forwards) so I am going to just FF him. He's 3 and 36lbs and I'm completely comfortable with it.

I would be getting a convertable for DD and a FFing only seat for DS.

I do not want an Avenue/Uptown, CA, EFTA, and DS doesnt sleep well at all in the Nauti. I'm open to just about anything else.

NannyMom

Is space (3 across) still an issue? How about a RN FF for DS? Do you think a 40 pound seat would last him long enough, or will he gain those 4 pounds too quickly? Graco Cargo? Frontier?

For DD- My Ride? Marathon? RA50? Titan? TF?

canadiangie

Ok, now another issue :rolleyes:

The seats install rock solid incredibly upright in my car. Its great! I usually install the with my front seats pushed back to where they touch the backs of the RFing XTs, but I can get the same angle on the XTs if I have my front seats all the way forward, so its not like having my front seats back is what makes them upright. Does that make any sense at all?

Well anyways last night while I was driving DS dropped his ball and it rolled under my front seat. So I pulled over and moved my seat forward to get it, but while I was moving the seat forward his XT reclined so much that it stayed touching the front seat even with it pushed all the way forward. It was definately way more than 45 degress. So I reinstalled and the same thing happened. So I tried it will DD's seat and the same thing happened to hers too :mad:. Surely that cant be safe and this is my reasoning: In an accident everything moves forward including the front seats, so wouldnt that leave room for possible over rotation?

I don't get it.

Why when you moved your front seat forward did your XT fall down? If you get a rock solid install that isn't dependent on bracing, why wouldn't your seat(s) stay put? :confused:

Do you mean the seat slips out from under itself if you push down on the top of it?

Yeah, I'm lost. :eek:

xxluckychicxx

I don't get it.

Why when you moved your front seat forward did your XT fall down? If you get a rock solid install that isn't dependent on bracing, why wouldn't your seat(s) stay put? :confused:

Do you mean the seat slips out from under itself if you push down on the top of it?

Yeah, I'm lost. :eek:

I can push my front seats completely forward and then install the XTs very upright (with out them touching the front seats), but if I put the kids in with the front seats forward then the XTs recline too much. Does that make more sense?

Seats I am considering for DD:

MR- cheapy cover... Has anyone tried the Alma one (purple from WalMart)?
MA-only 35lbs RFing
Recaro (either one)-little leg room
RA50- no lockoffs, but I may like that...
TFP- 35lbs RFing, dont know much about it

Seats for DS:

Frontier- never played with one, would I hate it?
Regent- regret trading the 1st one we had, its a huge beast though
Nauti- *horrible* head slump and he's a smidge above the 2nd slots but the 3rd slots are way above his head and I dont like the way the headrest fits
Keep the XT- FFing with the memory foam he's a smidge above the 3rd slots and I dont like how the headwings fit at all on the top slots; without the memory foam he says his "boddin is ouch" (it hurts his butt :eek:)
RYS- why oh why does it not go higher than 40lbs?!?! :crying:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC