OK so I went to Target with the intent of buying the MyRide but.....now....

Im seriously torn!!! So they have the myride there in the bartlett pattern with I so LOVE :love: I love the boyish pattern to it. It was selling for $149.00 I want to say? However right next to it is the EFTA! It was selling for $139.00 Not much to say in a big price diffrence though. Now since it was during my lunch break that I went there, not much time, what can you say if any, is the big diffrence between these two seats? I know the EFTA is alot wider than the MR. The MR seems alot narrower throughout than the EFTA is. I didnt see the TF there at all and didnt see it at the other Target either I dont know why. maybe there getting in the new ones with the ARB in them? :confused: Hmmm....But I dont like the TF anyways so thats out of the question, its too skeletonily (sp?) LOL...So my main focus now is either the MR or the EFTA....Any suggestions, major diffrences in these?
I know the EFTA has many mnay diffrent models which I have no clue what those diffrences are either, deluxe, advance LX, XP, LXT? LOL....whats that all about?
Thanks girls in advance!!!

ADS

Mama Jo

The MR Bartlett pattern is really just a gray seat. Once you take out the infant insert, which your DS is too big for, it's gray underneath.

The EFTA only RF to 35 lbs. But the shell is a little taller. So I would consider whether you think your DS will more need the taller RF height or the higher RF weight limit. Most kids will get by just fine in a 35 lb RF seat, especially with a shell as tall as the EFTA. I would be more concerned with the extra 5 lbs. if the kiddo is on the chunky side.

The different EFTA models only differ in the infant inserts. You won't need those anyway, so you can either go with the cheapest one you can find or opt for whichever one has your favorite pattern.

Thanks!:love:

I didnt realize under the insert of the MR that its all grey. But I didnt like the blue piping...:rolleyes:

About the EFTA vs. the MR does anyone know which offers more leg room RF'ing?

And I noticed from seeing in person some of the diffrent EFTA'a the fabric softness is alot diffrent and also some have the vinyl looking parts to it too. The one EFTA pattern I really liked was the mocha mint and sandbox. The sandbox was sooooo soft!

Mommy0608

The different EFTA models only differ in the infant inserts. You won't need those anyway, so you can either go with the cheapest one you can find or opt for whichever one has your favorite pattern.

Actually the Premier model has the nice LATCH clips (like Britax). Otherwise, the differences are in the covers.

Since I dont have LATCH thingies in my van, that wont make a diffrence Im sure...

So since the major diffrence is just in the covers, can anyone guide me into the direction of which one has the "nicest" covers? ie" DLX, LX, Premiere etc?

Mama Jo

Actually the Premier model has the nice LATCH clips (like Britax).

Really? I did not know that!

I think both seats have significant leg room rf.

The Sandbox cover is super soft (that's the one I have :love:) I think the Mocha Mint one is soft too. But both of those are the older-style cover, which it seems some people have complained causes discomfort and bruising on their kiddos' backs. I don't know the name of the new cover at Target (it has brownish dots) but it's a different style that seems to be softer around the lower back.

I don't use the seat enough to know whether or not it would cause discomfort for my kid. It's my backup seat for anytime I have someone else's kid in my car because it's so convenient not having to adjust it and it's really easy to install, even if I have to flip between rf and ff. My almost 6 year old still fits in it ff, so it would easily get you to booster age if you wanted to use it that long.

I don't think I'd ever buy the MR with the intention of using it ff. It seems so reclined and I just don't like that. So if I personally was going to use the MR, I would only be doing it for the rf benefit, and plan to replace it with a ff seat once it was outgrown rf. But that's just my personal opinion. I just can't imaginie a 4-5 year old being happy that reclined.

both of those are the older-style cover, which it seems some people have complained causes discomfort and bruising on their kiddos' backs.

Oh good grief !! I didnt know about that!! Geesh maybe that will make me lean towards something completley different then, oh man! I would never want to put my LO in something that caused bruising and discomfort like that!! Wow!

Mama Jo

Oh good grief !! I didnt know about that!! Geesh maybe that will make me lean towards something completley different then, oh man! I would never want to put my LO in something that caused bruising and discomfort like that!! Wow!

None of *my* kids have ever complained. And by *my* kids I mean, any kids who have ridden in my car. But at the same time, they aren't using it consistently, so I don't really know.

moobiegirl

We have an EFTA. It's my ds's primary seat and he has never complained about his back. I love how easy it is to adjust. However, I would be torn between the MR and EFTA now because I would love to have an awesome cup holder for ds. Oh the choices between seats! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC