Huh? Weird comments on babiesrus.com

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Look at some of these comments I found on www.babiesrus.com:

This works well. My only complaint is that you have to press the buttons on both sides in order to move the handle, which requires two hands. My husband took it apart and changed it so we only have to press one button.

Ooookaaaay.......

The carseat is very pretty but has a lot of problems. The handle is hard to use when trying to adjust it. It is also very hard to keep clean because the middle is mostly white. My last complaint is than the patch that is on the head support pulls the baby's hair out.

Yikes! It pulls the baby's hair out?

This carseat has been great. I had read other reviews and was concerned but bought the seat anyway because I liked how compact it was in comparison to other infant seats. My favorite feature with this carseat is the ability to loosen and tighten the straps with the baby in the seat. The carseat has very good support for my newborn's head with the covered straps. I have not had any difficulty taking the seat in and out of the base. Wonderful choice overall.

Huh. Can't you adjust the straps on most infant seats while the child is in the seat?

We purchased this seat for our son at 8 months old and we loved it from the start. Now he is 16 months and forward facing. I love it even more! When it was backwards it was a little difficult to adjust the straps as they were against the seat but we didn’t have to adjust them all the time so it was ok. It is also light. We have taken it on an airplane already and it did great. I highly recommend it.

They didn't have to adjust the straps often? That must have been interesting...

I have only had one seat that had harness adjustment on the back of the seat and it was a pain. I wound up practically dislocating the child's shoulders to get him in and out of the seat without loosening the straps. IT was not fun...

I love this carseat, however I am unable to use it with my new baby. It states that it accommodates 5 lbs to 100 lbs. My new infant was 5 lbs 2 oz when we took her home. This car seat was way to big for her. It didn't lean back far enough. We do plan on using this carseat when she gets bigger but we had to borrow a smaller carseat till then.

Wow! I can't imagine a 5 pound baby in the AO!! Wow!!

ADS

LuvBug

They didn't have to adjust the straps often? That must have been interesting...

just on this, personally, it isnt that hard depending on the seat and child. In a seat like the scenera where the harness is 1 long piece running under the butt you do not have to loosen the straps. Instead pull the slack through the bottom to the other side and get that arm out, then do it the same to the other side. When you put them back in the seat you put the arm in the loose side, then pull the slack over to the other side and do that arm, then even them out and buckle. If you do it a lot it really is easier than loosening and tightening on most seats.

Also I have never had to loosen DS in his britax. I keep him in there tight, but when I unbuckle him he goes ahead and slips out. When I go to put him in I pull up one side as I put him in, he ends up more towards that side of the seat and already in that shoulder harness, then I put on the other and center him and buckle(sometimes the buckling is hard cause it is tight, but not enough to bother loosening it every time). Our britax seats have always been difficult to tighten after loosening, and I prefer to keep them tight incase someone else put him in. If he is wearing thinner clothes then I give the strap a tug, and if he is wearing thicker I will loosen it a little. But I do not do it every time because it isnt necessary for us.
I did in his snugride when he was a baby, but he was a baby lol! Once he moved up to the marathon he was already cooperative.

Anyway, that is my experience with my seats. The triumph also is suppose to have those memory harnesses you dont have to loosen and tighten each time.

The rest of them just sound uneducated, of course.

Schwa

When it was backwards it was a little difficult to adjust the straps as they were against the seat

I wonder if this is referring to the adjuster being mashed into the seatback so it was hard to get to.

Yoshi

I never adjust straps much, either, even when DD was rear facing. I just unbuckled and took one arm out at a time. It was tight and snug, never had to loosen and tighten every time. Still don't and she's 3.5.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I'm a weirdo, when the kids are rfing I'm always adjusting the straps. Not so much for ffing seats. I definitely do w/ Ilana! My cousin otoh doesn't loosen the straps to put her 4wks old in and I'm not sure how she does it. lol He's in nice and tight (for once a family member listened to me!) too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC