How many people, who are not techs, have known about rear-facing until 2....

How many people have you met that already knew rear-facing until 2

• 8 or more

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • 7 people

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 people

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 5 people

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 4 people

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • 3 people

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • 2 people

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • 1 person

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • None

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Clicky box

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

emandbri

I have heard it from 4 people. My friend's doctor told her, a lady came to check and said her dr told her, a friend who is not a tech posted it on her facebook page, and this past week I was chatting with a woman at a consignment sale who said it. I am so very excited that the word is getting out!

Last edited:
ADS

Splash

I've met a few, and seen it in action a few times as well.
BTW- Woman is singular, women is plural.

NannyMom

I once met a woman at BRU that seemed like she belonged here. That was very exciting.

One mom at the kids school. She spreads carseat safety info too. I've been trying to get her to become a tech since she's installing friends seats. I know at least 1 mom at Sofi's preschool too. And 1 mom at church. None of them would RF beyond 2 though.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I voted one, because it's the face I can remember, but even working at BRU where people are coming to buy the next seat for their baby every day, it's *extremely* rare. Maybe the peds in the area aren't on to the news yet?
I did have one lady who 'works at AAA and knows these things' buying a Nautilus for her 12.5 mo, even though she didn't intend to use it till 'later' <eyeroll>. But really I only remember the one mom who thought she read it was 2.

emandbri

Oh, Julie reminded of another, a woman who worked a BRU already knew and said I was a great mom for keeping Elizabeth backwards.

MJHY27

I vote one, our friends/nieghbors also plan to rf as long as they can and have a little one my sons age. Oh and after I told my doctor my 2 yo is still rfing she said that's great, she should rf as long as possible!
Around where i live it is definatly just not known about, even moms I know that i would think would definatly know about it and have rfing toddlers, turn their kids right at 1, i've been trying to think of something I can do in my area to make rfing more well known, there are people that i think would do it if they only knew!

Charliee

I seem to be the only one I know who takes it seriously. I try to inform people of it's benefits but I usually just get eye rolls... sad really.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I should really keep some stats on this but iirc in the past few months I've had 4 or 5 parents call for appointments who were already aware of either the 'limits' recommendation or the 'until 2' suggestion.

Amaris

None. I tried to tell a family member and was pretty much told they were turned at 1 AND 20lbs (they being twins). When I brought up that the AAP recommends until at least 2 I was told that their legs were bent up against the seat so they were turned. I find it hard to digest that my 25 month old is rf'ing, and her cousins are 15 months old and have been ff'ing for 2-3 months already. I could tell that I wasn't getting anywhere, so now I just pray a lot.

simplychels

1 other I believe. I am usually the one bringing things like that up, and get mixed responses from my listeners. Most times I am just passed off as the Nazi Parent who does too much research. :thumbsdown:

christineka

I counted only real life people (not those I only knew over the internet) and the ones not on c-s.org. That's none.

I learned about rfing past age 1 and 20 pounds when I took my van of 4 kids to a seat check. The tech just told me to rf dd to the limit of the seat. She was then 18 months and I claimed she was 20 pounds since I had just turned her ffing. I think she was more like 18.5 pounds, but to be fair to myself, I didn't know and guessed 20 pounds. I had also read about extended rfing online before that. They didn't specifically state age 2 back then- just that rfing past the birthday was better.

kandamom

I voted 2. I was talking to the manager at my local BabiesRUs about why I was interested in the CA, and he appeared to totally understand. The other person is my brother's best friend who is a firefighter and has seen many crashes involving kids. He strongly recommended buying a new seat to keep my (large) 2-year-old rf if at all possible.

Rebecca
K - 7.5, 51.5", 57 lbs, Monterey
A - 25 months, 37.5", 32 lbs, rf in a Radian 65

rochelle

I only counted people I meet which is none. My friends know about rearfacing to the limit of the seat before the Good Morning America show aired about it.

3plus2isme

None.. and it makes me so incredibly sad. When I'm looking at pics on facebook I just about have heart attacks because I see 8 month olds FF (and yes I do say something) and itty bitty 18 month olds FF... :(

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I counted only real life people (not those I only knew over the internet) and the ones not on c-s.org. That's none.

Same here. :(

I've said it before, but sadly it's still true. I've never seen another child RF past 1/20. The only exceptions have been a few people at seat checks who kept their kids in an infant seat way past the limits, and one friend who I talked into RF (saw her daughter RF at age 15 months).

(Oh wait, there was one mom at a seat check who needed help installing her Radian RF for her 2YO. She was from diaperswappers.com, so I assume that's where she learned about it. And her DD wasn't there, so I still didn't see her.)

shorty393

So am I the only one who hasn't heard that you should turn your kid at 1/20? I am not a tech and have only one child and I never intended on turning my son around until he reached the limit of the seat? Am I a rarity?!! LOL

Madeline410

As in friends of mine? Just my neighbor and one of my friends. But I have run into several people in the car seat aisle at BRU (I spend way too much time there) that already knew about it.. if they look totally lost, I offer help and tell them about ERF. A lot of the time they already know :) LOVE it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC