Britax Traveller Plus Height ?

Sable

Hi, First off I apologist if I missed this information elsewhere and if this is in the wrong place. I have a hard time understanding some things. Ok I am looking at getting a Britax Traveller Plus car seat for my autistic son. He is 6, 73 lbs and just shy of 4 ft tall. I'm not understanding how to figure out what height it goes up to or how to measure it. Thank you for understanding and any and all advice is much welcome. :love:

Wow, late night posting @-@ I can't even edit that without simply rewriting it lol. Anyway, I called Britax who sent me to snug seat and I found out it really is only 29 or 30 inches for the back max height. He is at 27 now, I can't see spending so much on a seat that might only last a few months. Suggestions for a child who needs a 5 pt are much welcomed!!

Last edited:
ADS

Sable

Thank you so much for replying! Ouch on the price of that first car seat, I'm not sure I can swing that unfortunately. As far as the vests go I have a few questions. I see in pictures it looks like the child is clipped tight to the seat. I mean really tight like if you coughed it would hurt. Next I was trying to read other threads and do you have to bolt these things into each car? Not the harness but the tether thing I mean, if I make sense . :eek: Edit: Also would he sit on a booster with no back even in a harness/vest?

Last edited:

myliljunebugs

Check with your insurance company on the car seat. Autism should qualify him for a seat like the Roosevelt. You may need to get a script from his doctor but you shouldn't have to pay out of pocket. A friend of mine had the state pay for his and I don't think she is even on state insurance? Or maybe he is because it qualifies him for disability? I'm not sure, but definitely check that! :) Good luck in your search!

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I'd second the encouragement to check with insurance and/or your state's children with disabilities programs for assistance in paying for the seat. Easter Seals, United Cerebral Palsy, Kyle David Miller Foundation, and charitible organizations (Make A Wish, Sertoma, etc) are also possible sources for seats/funds.

I'm not fluent in the height/weight limits compared to the Roosevelt, but the "Tomato" seat is another popular choice for a SN seat: http://www.adaptivemall.com/safetycarseats1.html

Depending upon where you live, there might be a special needs fitting station attached to the children's hospital or rehab/therapy clinic. They would have a variety of seats for you to try and could help you evaluate which seat will best meet your needs as well as assist you with a letter of justification. You can look for techs in your area here:
https://ssl13.cyzap.net/dzapps/dbza...tegory1=TAB9_CERTSEARCH&Webid=SAFEKIDSCERTSQL

As far as the EZ on vests, they are "clipped in tight" but not to the point of discomfort. The folks at EZ are very good at helping families determine what is needed.

By the way, kids in ANY 5 pt harness should be "clipped in tight" with no slack in the harness in the shoulder/chest area after the harness is buckled and tightened.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
A traveller plus (TP) would last at least a couple of years for a 4 ft tall child. The TP has the same basic shell as a Britax Regent, so if you can sit him in one of those you will get a good idea of how much time he would have in it. Heightwise, the TP is outgrown when the midpoint of his head (approximately eye level) is even with the top of the shell. Unlike the Regent, the TP does allow the child's shoulders to be above the top harness slot.

The Roosevelt is a taller seat and has a higher weight limit, but is narrower through the body than the TP. The Roosevelt does not require a top tether. The TP requires one tether after 50# and 2 tethers after 80#

Of the two, I like the Roosevelt better, but either should work in your situation.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC