Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Pathfinder

Pathfinder

Is it possible to fit three across? Also, how are the safety ratings? Are you able to place a booster seat in the third row; if so would you feel comfortable placing it in the third row? Any problems with the car? Currently my daughter is RF in an MA and my neice is FF in a Como. I will probably be replacing the Como with a Nautilus or Frontier sometime in the near future. Thanks!
    Kristina --
    Niece Breanna 2/13/2007

Daughter #1 Emilee 4/1/2008
    Daughter #2 Ella 2/15/12

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Pathfinder

I can't answer all of you questions, because I only have one child and he is not of booster age yet.

I think that with the right combination of seats, you could fit 3 across, but I've never actually done it.

I've also not tried a booster in the 3rd row, but if it fit, I would be okay with it. The seatbelt buckle is kind of weird back there. Here is a picture. I would assume the position (and the fact that the stalk is not very long, may make it trick for a child to try to buckle their own booster.

The Frontier does fit nicely in the 3rd row with the long belt path, but there is no tether anchor back there.

The frontier also fits well in the 2nd row with LATCH or with the long belt path, but does not install in the center, because the seatbelt is too short for the long belt path, and the short belt path leaves too much movement.

I don't have a Nautilus, so I haven't tried any installs in the Pathy.