The news is spreading

Stretchy Glue

about the new rf recos. (New as in AAP). On another chat board (dog related, not kid) people have posted that Dr. Sears is sending out emails, and one of my facebook friends was confused, and a little annoyed that 3 months ago her doctor told her to turn her son, and now she's getting emails saying to keep him rear facing.

So, the news is getting out there, and I am answering a lot of questions locally because it's new, but I'm so excited that people are starting to "hear" what we've been saying all along.

ADS

vonfirmath

I posted it on my Facebook and just got a good friend saying how her 3-year-old was too tall at 1-year old to fit in any seat rear-facing, so this would never fly.

.I replied how my son is at the 95%+ for total height, most of that in his torso, and still fits at age 2. And she just said how her son was "all folded up" and after he went forward facing he stopped claiming at car rides

*sigh* All I can think is that he was still in his infant seat at 1 year old. Or maybe a cheap convertible? Though even the Scenera should have fit even a TALL forward-facer without "folding up"

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've noticed that some people don't seem to know that convertibles can go rear-facing. They think only infant seats can. That probably explains that. Either that, or she left the straps in the lowest position...

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
There was a post on my local mommies board yesterday about when people would turn their child. EVERYONE posted that their 16, 17, 18, 27 month olds were rear facing (except for one who has a 32 pound 16 month old in a 30 pound seat, and she couldn't get a decent installation with a 35 pound seat, but she regrets that her children are both very large and she can't figure out a way to make it work longer). So the OP turned her child back rear facing and PMed me for additional advice. :)

Wendy

Jennifer mom to my 7

and noone commented on my facebook link to Dr sears email (he is a doctor!) and only 1 friend said she liked it:( Noone ever comments on my car seat stuff, very sad since I have alot of cousins with younger children, most of whom should be at least in boosters.

swtgi1982

Here is the link to the Dr Sears Letter. It is his family newsletter.

It was also in the newest edition of American Baby (August 2009) on page 23. I just got mine yesterday!

Mommy2Marcus

Yes, it is deffinatly spreading! I met several people today in BRU that knew while getting my MR. As well as a lady I have been talking to for awhile that had seen a commercial on TV about keeping them RF for loner. After I mentioned she said she was going to go home & google it!

Stretchy Glue

Yes. Stretchy Glue is something my daughter and I came up with when she started school, but it didn't quite fit with the dogs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC