Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

if u own a peg perego prima pappa...

high chair do u spend as much time as i do cleaning it? i swear, its like someone decided, lets design a highchair with so many nooks and crannies and holes and whatever else for food to get trapped into so our parents wont be bored like ever. arg.i have had this chair now for about 6.5 years. second son to use it. and i just thought i would ask and see if anyone else was having as much fun as me. i love how it folds and stands though which is why i got it. the price i pay.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member 2BunniesMommy's Avatar

Re: if u own a peg perego prima pappa...

My sister got one for her granddaughter at a thrift store for $15 in great condition. Even at that price and me telling her what a deal it was, it was a beast to clean! And then ended up getting broken, but I don't remember the story of what happened there.

Carseat Crazy

we used to have one and agree its great the way it folds and stands. Actually that was its only good point.
    The tray always seemed to sit too high up on it and like you say - millions of nooks and crannys to fill with gunk.
    I used to put a towel in it incase of any mess - my eldest when he started on food had a habit of gagging and puking - yuk!
    Joshua 16th Aug 03 - 46lbs Britax Adventure High Back Booster
    Madison 14th Sept 05 - 42lbs Britax Adventure High Back Booster
    Tyler 19th Mar 07 - 38lb Britax Adventure High Back Booster

Carseat Crazy

I had one and HATED it because of the tray sitting high and cleaning being such an issue. I have since gotten a Graco high chair that is very much like the Peg but MUCH easier to clean and I LOVE IT!!!! I got it for $60 bucks at Big Lots and would pay twice that for how great of a seat it is.

Carseat Crazy

hmmmm? does it fold and stand like the peg? if it does i may have to start stalking the big lots.

Carseat Crazy

As a nanny have used about every high chair out there and I say go Graco or get the Fisher Price one that straps onto a chair! I hate Peg Perego products with a passion...they always seem to break! I had a little Aria stroller and almost everything just snapped off of it...I ended up selling it and buying the Graco Ipo and it is ten times better quality not to mention you can actually push it! The wheels on the Peg just didn't roll when there was any weight in it it almost made me cry every time I had to back it up 2 feet to ram it through a door just to get the wheels lined up. I always say that people who claim to like their products have just never tried anything else- they buy the most expensive thinking it's best and don't know what other options there are.

That high chair is a dumb design- looks nice but not practical! (like the rest of their products) Oh and their car seats- I don't know a newborn who likes to sit bolt upright! they are horrible....

I was passed down an old peg highchair from a friend. I understand why she said that she wasn't sure she could find the pad because she'd been using it without it because she hated cleaning it. I've been cleaning it for days and its still not clean - and she's a neat freak!!!

Carseat Crazy

u will always find more food somewhere. i wish it was the same with money lol

I had one for a short time.

I remember taking my highchairs outside about once or twice a month and hosing them down to get all the crap out of the seat and cracks.

Now if Baby Bjorn could make a highchair as simple and easy to clean as their incredibly awesome potty chair, I'd buy it
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    I had one for a short time.

I remember taking my highchairs outside about once or twice a month and hosing them down to get all the crap out of the seat and cracks.

Now if Baby Bjorn could make a highchair as simple and easy to clean as their incredibly awesome potty chair, I'd buy it

i will keep that in mind as we will be potty training hopefully in the next year

I hated the Prima Pappa. I felt like the tray was too high and it had way too many nooks and crannies to clean. And it was $$$! That got returned for a Graco Contempo. Much better.