if u own a peg perego prima pappa...

outnumberedby6

high chair do u spend as much time as i do cleaning it? i swear, its like someone decided, lets design a highchair with so many nooks and crannies and holes and whatever else for food to get trapped into so our parents wont be bored like ever. arg.i have had this chair now for about 6.5 years. second son to use it. and i just thought i would ask and see if anyone else was having as much fun as me. i love how it folds and stands though which is why i got it. the price i pay.

ADS

2BunniesMommy

My sister got one for her granddaughter at a thrift store for $15 in great condition. Even at that price and me telling her what a deal it was, it was a beast to clean! And then ended up getting broken, but I don't remember the story of what happened there.

we used to have one and agree its great the way it folds and stands. Actually that was its only good point.
The tray always seemed to sit too high up on it and like you say - millions of nooks and crannys to fill with gunk.
I used to put a towel in it incase of any mess - my eldest when he started on food had a habit of gagging and puking - yuk!

stjemmes

I had one and HATED it because of the tray sitting high and cleaning being such an issue. I have since gotten a Graco high chair that is very much like the Peg but MUCH easier to clean and I LOVE IT!!!! I got it for $60 bucks at Big Lots and would pay twice that for how great of a seat it is.

As a nanny have used about every high chair out there and I say go Graco or get the Fisher Price one that straps onto a chair! I hate Peg Perego products with a passion...they always seem to break! I had a little Aria stroller and almost everything just snapped off of it...I ended up selling it and buying the Graco Ipo and it is ten times better quality not to mention you can actually push it! The wheels on the Peg just didn't roll when there was any weight in it it almost made me cry every time I had to back it up 2 feet to ram it through a door just to get the wheels lined up. I always say that people who claim to like their products have just never tried anything else- they buy the most expensive thinking it's best and don't know what other options there are.

That high chair is a dumb design- looks nice but not practical! (like the rest of their products) Oh and their car seats- I don't know a newborn who likes to sit bolt upright! they are horrible....

LittleLady

I was passed down an old peg highchair from a friend. I understand why she said that she wasn't sure she could find the pad because she'd been using it without it because she hated cleaning it. I've been cleaning it for days and its still not clean - and she's a neat freak!!!

lovinwaves

I had one for a short time.

I remember taking my highchairs outside about once or twice a month and hosing them down to get all the crap out of the seat and cracks.

Now if Baby Bjorn could make a highchair as simple and easy to clean as their incredibly awesome potty chair, I'd buy it :D

outnumberedby6

I had one for a short time.

I remember taking my highchairs outside about once or twice a month and hosing them down to get all the crap out of the seat and cracks.

Now if Baby Bjorn could make a highchair as simple and easy to clean as their incredibly awesome potty chair, I'd buy it :D

i will keep that in mind as we will be potty training hopefully in the next year

Rosey

I hated the Prima Pappa. I felt like the tray was too high and it had way too many nooks and crannies to clean. And it was $$$! That got returned for a Graco Contempo. Much better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC