Fit of older child in EFTA!

Mommy2Marcus

Okay, so I have had my friends kids the last 2 days. I was checking her seat today for the dreaded Scenera spikes, which it has BTW, and I am waiting on a call back from Cosco/Dorel on it. Well, her seat needed cleaning as did my EFTA, so I took the time to clean them both. Then I decided to try her children in my EFTA. They both fit. The oldest is 5 with a 15 1/2 inch torso & weighs 57lbs without shoes. She fit in the EFTA with about 1-1 1/2 inches of growing room, however she is over the weigh limit. Here are a couple of pictures of her in the EFTA. (I have her moms permission to share these)

011-6.jpg

012-4.jpg

013-5.jpg

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Man, and here I've been telling people all along, "Don't worry, you won't need the harness to go higher than 50 pounds, they'll be way too tall by then". Sure would be nice if that seat went to 65, it's so roomy and comfy looking! :)

Mommy2Marcus

Man, and here I've been telling people all along, "Don't worry, you won't need the harness to go higher than 50 pounds, they'll be way too tall by then". Sure would be nice if that seat went to 65, it's so roomy and comfy looking! :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I know that some kids reach 50lbs by then, but alot are not either. It is a good seat for the skinny little ones like mine & my friends youngest! Her 3 1/2 year old still fits the Scenera & has just barely gotten to needing the top slot! If I like the MR she will be buying whatever seat I decide to sell for her son from me. She HATES the Scenera.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
You know one of the things I like so much about the EFTA is how well it fits babies all the way to older children. The harness fit seems perfect on them at all ages and I just love that. I haven't had my dd in the EFTA for a number of months now, but last time I did she fit well too. She would've been 4.5 at the time and about 39lbs. I imagine at this point she probably has an inch or so of growing room left in it and she weighs 41lbs. So she likely will outgrow by height before weight... sure would be nice if it had a bit higher limit though - even 55lbs might be enough for 98% of kids.

TheQueenMother

She is adorable. I wish the weight limit were slightly higher on this seat as well. My dd has a shorter torso and weighs 45 lbs, clothed and sneakered. I need a seat for my mom's car and I have considered the EFTA for her as my ds and my dNE could use the seat as well. I hate to get one of these for her though as I am afraid she will outgrow it in less than a year.
I wonder if there are plans to test to a higher weight limit soon?
Amanda

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I wasn't awake enough to get pics but a few weeks ago when my sister was in town with my nieces I took the kids to get bagels one morning. I had their 2 MAs installed in my van along with my ds's EFTA. The kids wanted to play 'musical car seats' and so I let them. My older niece, who is 6.5 and about 45lbs, went into the EFTA. Still had room above her shoulders and her head was just at the top of the shell, still had several inches before she would have outgrown. I was thrilled that she still fit! And, of course, it was nice not to have to do anything but push the harness up for it to fit her properly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC