Radian XT #$%^

jb5416

I'm so pissed. I just received my son's new XT (Diapers.com ROCKS!!!) in the Rio fabric. It's a gorgeous shade of red but the stupid fabric is so scratchy that it feels like sandpaper. I called Sunshine Kids to give them that feedback and the person that answered the phone (who was very nice, btw, but clueless) said that she had never gotten that feedback before. How could she not have? I'm supposed to have my baby's skin up against THAT???

Grrrrr.

Jessie

ADS

Splash

Have you actually gotten your nassau, though? I'm waiting for confirmation that you have it before I order another one. I'm also hoping to somehow make the deal work so I don't have to order from SKJP directly.

Soar

Don't tell me this! I'm getting a Rio to match our Recaro Crimson and Ferrari booster in DH truck. We need a Radian, maybe I'll go with the gray from the get go :( We don't need the seat till spring, maybe a new material will be out by then?!

Maedze

I liked the fabric on the Rio :shrug-shoulders: My kid rode in it for a week and he never complained.

jb5416

Try putting the strap covers up against the side of your neck. Uck.

It's pretty warm here--my kids wear shorts and tank tops. I wouldn't want my bare legs and arms on that.

I called SK again and got a different rep. She told me that she would send a nassau cover but they won't have them until Sept. Crap. I guess I should just send the stupid thing back ?????

Jessie

xxluckychicxx

Have you actually gotten your nassau, though? I'm waiting for confirmation that you have it before I order another one. I'm also hoping to somehow make the deal work so I don't have to order from SKJP directly.

Yup, I got it the other day. Too bad it arrived ripped in 2 places and the memory foam is ripped in half (not a big problem because I use the memory foam out of the Rio cover, just annoying). They are dealing with it (and my other many issues) though.

firemomof3

Just some feedback on the Nassau cover...be very carful when cleaning it. I put mine through the wash (gently cycle cold wash in front loader) and its not holding up very well. My son has already picked a hole in the seat of fabric (seems very thin to me). But I do love the softness of the cover and its easy to take the cover on/off which is great.

AtTheSouthDam

Just some feedback on the Nassau cover...be very carful when cleaning it. I put mine through the wash (gently cycle cold wash in front loader) and its not holding up very well. My son has already picked a hole in the seat of fabric (seems very thin to me). But I do love the softness of the cover and its easy to take the cover on/off which is great.

Yep. I picked at a sticky spot and the fuzz came off. Fortunately it was a tiny spot but it was the replacement for how easy the other cover ripped! Mine also has snap issues, the male side on the seat itself is no longer holding the snap well. I still like the seat, I just wish I could like the cover better. Does any one know if the Malibu is any better?

jrmo

I also had the plush (malibu) cover "lose it's fuzz" when cleaning gently. Pulled a stuck raisin off of it and the material went with it. :mad: I called though and they're sending me a new one since I've had it for two whole weeks. :thumbsup:

canadiangie

I don't get the whole issue surrounding the 'scratchy' Rio fabric. It's not that scratchy IMO. It's mesh, which isn't going to be soft like a velour cover, but it's not like sandpaper... IMO. :twocents:

ks1978

I am still waiting for my replacement cover also. I am still getting another Rio. I don't think it is crazy rough against their skin, but it is not as nice as the mesh on their Monterey seats. My biggest gripe with it is that the Rio cover is not as durable. I will be more careful with the velcro shoes with the replacement cover. IF it ever gets here.

cookie123

I was just thinking, these car seat companies must hate us car seat board people! I bet other folks just use the seat until it dies and throw it away.

jb5416

Feels scratchy to me--it's rough and not soft. I would not want those strap covers against my neck. I asked a few people at work what they thought and they agreed with me. If I compare that to the mesh on our Monarch it's like sandpaper. I hate it--guess it's just a subjective thing.
Jessie

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I was just thinking, these car seat companies must hate us car seat board people! I bet other folks just use the seat until it dies and throw it away.

No, they use it until it dies and give it to their cousin/neighbor/person on Freecycle/sell it on Craigslist. :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC