So my mom thought....

LuvBug

That the regent could be used as a booster after they outgrew the harness. :eek: I set her straight, but now I am worried other people will think you can because it usually is classified in the booster section of stores like target, babies r us, ect.
Then I had to explain to her about the whole harness booster thing again and that the Apex is the only over 40lbs harness booster available right now. And then she asked why we couldnt just put a harness on a parkway and it be safe:rolleyes:
ugh! I thought I had done so well educating her on all the new technology, she was good on it when we were babies. I guess it is really confusing going into all this new stuff.

Just wanted to share that, no particular reason.:eek:

ADS

Shaunam

Well, I'd hope common sense would step in if someone had the misconception that the regent could be a booster. That sucker is HEAVY! It would crush a little (or even big) kid in an accident!

LuvBug

Well she thought you could latch it in and then just put the seatbelt over it. The recaro start is like that I think, can be latched in and top tethered.

granolamama

At the car seat check we went to Wednesday, my 3yo argued with the tech about whether or not her Regent was a booster seat. :) He mentioned her "booster seat", and she said, "It's not a booster seat!" So he said, "Well, what do you think it is, then?" "It's a car seat!" she replied.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
At the car seat check we went to Wednesday, my 3yo argued with the tech about whether or not her Regent was a booster seat. :) He mentioned her "booster seat", and she said, "It's not a booster seat!" So he said, "Well, what do you think it is, then?" "It's a car seat!" she replied.

That is SO cute!!! :) I LOVE it when the kiddos are so well versed in carseat safety/carseat talk. Too cute!

mominabigtruck

So what's the little piece of elastic on the shoulders of the husky for? I've been wondering that since I've got it and just been too lazy to get the instructions out.

jenny03

They are supposed to hold the harness straps back so it's easier to get the kid in and out, but I never use them. If it were velcro, I think it would be convenient. IMO, it's more of a pain to get them in and out of the elastic loop than any help they would provide. :p

LuvBug

oh I know. I told her that on our trip to see the zoo lights last night. I said if everyone would just read their manual then they would know how to properly use and install their seat.
She has read the manual for all the seats she has used with him so far(scenera, laptop), Ill have her read the husky manual in the next couple of weeks before I put it in her car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC