New Info about Coccoro

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I talked to the Combi rep tonight and got some information that might help people who are having trouble with the Coccoro installation.

First, the vehicle seat can be in any position allowed by the vehicle manufacturer. It does NOT have to be in the most upright position.

Second, the blue clip (the one that's attached) on the back of the seat IS a lockoff. If you route the belt around the back and put it in that lockoff, you do NOT need to use the detachable lockoff, and you do NOT need to lock the seatbelt. I've asked Vera about that three times now just to make absolutely sure, since the manual refers to it as a guide, not a lockoff.

She said the next manual will reflect this info better.

Also, as long as the seatbelt is routed properly, it does not need to fit into the little divots/indentations/whatever-you-call-it that say "LATCH or seatbelt here." (Sometimes with forward-of-the-bight belts, it's hard to get the belt to go/stay in that canal.) As long as it's tight, it's good.

She also said that the 2010 Coccoro will likely have some other changes that will make installation easier/more secure.

Also...:whistle::whistle::whistle:she said that they are TESTING it with a rear tether. No guarantees, but they're looking into it. If it passes, it will NOT be retroactive :crying:

The stroller is due out in October.

ADS
U

Unregistered1

Psst, I have one more thing to add. When I spoke to her at OOPC she mentioned that the Coccoro was going to be rated from 3 (THREE) lbs for rear facing infants starting with the 2010 seats, and this will not be retroactive.

Exciting stuff :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yes! She did mention that!

There were some other good things, too, but I forget what.

Oh, they might sell the detachable lockoff separately for use as a locking clip with other seats, if other manufacturers allow it.

monstah

She also said that the 2010 Coccoro will likely have some other changes that will make installation easier/more secure.

Also...:whistle::whistle::whistle:she said that they are TESTING it with a rear tether. No guarantees, but they're looking into it. If it passes, it will NOT be retroactive :crying:

Quick Combi!!! My 8 week old wants her Coccoro back before she outgrows her KF30. Give it a RF tether & easier foward of the bite install on leather seats and I will pay $250 for it! I promise.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
What is the stroller all about?

The Coccoro will fit in it, like an infant seat, I guess.

I don't know exactly how practical that is. The Coccoro is, IMO, quite easy to install in a car, but not as easy as snapping an infant seat into the base. It's also not something I'd want to attempt with a child in it. So I don't know if it makes sense to use it in a stroller under normal conditions.

However, for people who rely on taxis or travel a lot, it could be a great solution.

I have no other information on the stroller, though.

We're taking the Coccoro on our Disney World trip in October, so if the stroller is out by then, is lightweight, and not to expensive, I might get it for use there and in the airport. I really have no idea, though.

oxeye

Quick Combi!!! My 8 week old wants her Coccoro back before she outgrows her KF30. Give it a RF tether & easier foward of the bite install on leather seats and I will pay $250 for it! I promise.

Ditto! I need a RF tether on that seat before DS outgrows his Keyfit!! My only problem with the seat is how easy it is to flip up which is not going to work with other kids in the car. A RF tether would fix that.

Please hurry Combi!!

pastrygirl

Bumping this, because I'm going to get a Coccoro as a travel seat in a month or two. Anyone know when the 2010 model will come out, and whether it was ever tested with the RF tether?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I did email the Combi rep earlier today to see if there were any new updates. I'll let you know if I hear back. I wouldn't hold my breath about it being out in time for your baby, though. :(

monstah

I'll see both the Combi rep and the Britax rep in a few wks if anyone has questions. I should start a thread.

Did you start a thread? I'd love to know what they say when you see them. Especially if there is any word on a RF top tether for the CCO (or any other way to help with tough RF installs.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC