Need pictures of 40lb children in ill-fitting boosters!

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Hi everyone.
I am preparing to do a presentation regarding the benefits of 5-point harnessing beyond the typical 40lbs offered by *most* convertible car seats...in other words, I'll be talking about HWH seats.
Does anyone have any pictures of (or would be willing to take pictures of) their 35-40lb child in a booster seat to use in my presentation? I want to show that booster seats aren't always an appropriate choice for a 40lb child...so the worse the belt fit in your pictures the better! Feel free to block out the face of your child...I will probably do that anyway.
If you're interested in helping me with these pictures, please PM me and I'll send you my email address.
THANK YOU!!!

ADS
Send me your e-mail. I have pics of michael at just 4 years old, 40 pounds in a low back booster, before i knew better :eek: or you can steal them from here. I don't care if his face is blocked out or not.

Here is logan at 3 1/2 years old, 31 pounds in a booster

*All pics kids are in the weight and height limit(graco No back and graco High back).

Last edited:

monstah

I have a picture of my 48 pound 3 year old in just a seatbelt (he was goofing around while I was installing his seat). If that would be helpful, feel free to PM me. :thumbsup:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I can probably get some for you tomorrow. Dd is right at 40-41 lbs, so she would be a great "model", LOL! I can put her in DS's AOe, and we all know that is SO crappy as a booster, it'll be a GREAT picture to show!!!!

outnumberedby6

my son is 45 lbs but i can take a pic of him in his regent and then take a pic of him in his brothers monterey. that should swallow him up whole lol hes a twig. although he is 6. but hes tiny. parkway is the only booster i have found that fits him decent. let me know if u are interested. might be interesting so they can see how much better helooks in his regent comparibly. actually i bet he still fits in the ma. its been several months since grandma tried i cant remmeber lol

Jonah Baby

I'll see what I can do for ya.
We've got an assortment of combination seats, harnessed boosters/belt positioners, etc.
I'll have his Dad show me "what not to do" scenarios!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
He's 4.5yo here and 41# in an AO.

kidsstuff001.jpg

April

I can take some pictures of my 37lb just turned 4 year old and my 40lb almost 3 year old tonight.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
If you can get a picture of a child that weight in an Interra being used as a booster, it would be perfect. We had one recently at a check, but I did not take a picture. The lap portion did not even TOUCH the child. It was a submarine waiting to happen.

christineka

Not sure this is good enough, but this is my ds in the cargo at 41 pounds and 4.5 years. This was his seat for awhile.
ericgraco.jpg

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Last call for pictures!!!! I need at least a couple more. Please, please, please! (insert picture of me on my knees begging!)
TIA!

ginny4

sinc eyou asked for an intera in booster mode. i have one. now my son is much bigger than a 40lb child here but you can see a LOUSY lap belt fit on him
2007-8023.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC