Help finding seat for 6 yo 5 pointor booster?

sholoulou

My ds will be 6 the end of Oct.
He is in a Britax Parkway right now but the the headrest will not stay up. He also does not stay still and sit properly in it 100% of the time
I am debating buying him a Britax Regent or another type of booster... maybe the Recarro Vivo Booster?
Anyone have reviews on which would be the safest for my son. Even a seat I am not considering. I am so overwhelmed and confused at this point. Since he will be 6 I am hesitant keeping him harnessed - but then if I get the Regent he can be harnessed another year then I can pass the regent to his younger sister and buy him a booster at that point. Any suggestions on the safest thing to do? Thanks in advance!

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
If the Parkway's headrest won't stay where it's supposed to, call Britax and tell them and see what they recommend.

If he can't stay still, then getting a Regent might be the way to go, especially since you have one to pass it down to. They are on sale a lot of places now.

If he doesn't sit good, I would get the regent. You can always pass it down. Just remember they are good only 6 years from the date of manufacture date.

How does he fit in the nautilus? Does he have alot of room to grow in it?

Pixels

If he doesn't sit properly in the booster, he would definitely be safer in a harnessed seat.

Look at the Regent, Nautilus, and Frontier.

sholoulou

The Frontier does not fit in my trooper. I plan on getting a Honda Odyssey next year and have heard the Frontier only fits securely in the 3rd row.

I have not checked out the Graco Nautilus - I just assumed the Britax or other brands were built better and were safer.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Frontier does not fit in my trooper. I plan on getting a Honda Odyssey next year and have heard the Frontier only fits securely in the 3rd row.

I have not checked out the Graco Nautilus - I just assumed the Britax or other brands were built better and were safer.

It won't help you since the Frontier doesn't fit in your Trooper, but it does fit fine in the Ody: http://carseatblog.com/?p=2386 .

jess71903

Ambassador

Nope- not true. Britax got a good name early on for being the first to do things like higher weight limits and for making plush, comfy seats. They have to meet the same standards that the cheapy Cosco seats do, though, so in that respect, they are all equally safe. Graco has really come a long way in recent year, in my book, with the release of the Safeseat1/Snugride 32, Nautilus, and MyRide. I love the Nautilus and would recommend it over the Frontier any day, just because to me the Frontier is NOT $100 better any way I can figure it.

Nena2007

Nope- not true. Britax got a good name early on for being the first to do things like higher weight limits and for making plush, comfy seats. They have to meet the same standards that the cheapy Cosco seats do, though, so in that respect, they are all equally safe. Graco has really come a long way in recent year, in my book, with the release of the Safeseat1/Snugride 32, Nautilus, and MyRide. I love the Nautilus and would recommend it over the Frontier any day, just because to me the Frontier is NOT $100 better any way I can figure it.

I completly agree! My DD and I both love her Nautilus, we love its features, comfort and ease of use. It is the easiest seat in the world install (ok, maybe not in the WORLD, but you get the idea, lol) so yeah, I would recommend it to anyone. I talked my BFF into getting two :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC