Just ordered a Coccoro for DS

oxeye

In blue. :) Can't wait to get it. I hope I am able to get a good install in DH's Passat.

I was just going to use the Keyfit baseless in there but decided I don't trust anyone but myself to be anal enough to install it to my liking every time it is used. So I'm going to put the coccoro RF behind the driver which should be fine since it is so small. By the time DS outgrows it RF DD1 will be ready for a booster most likely so I can put DS in DD1's Radian and get a booster for her.

I'm excited! I got it from elitecarseats so I could do the return shipping insurance. Unfortunately it takes a week for me to get seats from them. My tech class starts a week from tomorrow and that will probably be the day I get it.

ADS

oxeye

Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! It will be here tomorrow! Can't wait to try it out and post lots of pics.

oxeye

Well I love how the seat fits DS and how compact it is, but it is going back. :( I am not happy with how it installs. It is just way too easy for it to flip up into the seatback and given that there will be other kids right next to it, I know I'd be reinstalling it constantly.

Oh well. It was worth a shot. I guess we're going to need another Radian once he outgrows the Keyfit.

But look how cute and happy he is in it!

CIMG5125.jpg

CIMG5127.jpg

CIMG5129.jpg

Last edited:

Laurette

Very cute baby! my DD just turned 7 months. :)

What are those little loops on the side seam of the cover for?

dawnp15

I was thinking about getting 2 of these for my twins, can you explain a little more about what was happening with the install???

MaineRN

a very thought provoking post. i have been DROOLING over the coccoro for about a month now. my baby is due in nov. i figured i'll never survive without the convienence of taking the baby in and out of a snap in infant seat, but once i grow weary of that, the coccoro seemed like the next ideal seat. thanks a ton for the great pics.
can you tell me more about a rear tether?? i just got a new car and i dont know if a car seat even had one, if i would be able to use it or not? how would i know if my car can take advanatage of such a feature? it does have LATCH, i know that. its a 2009 Nissan Versa.
any future posts on this car seat from you would be Very Appreciated!
thanks!!!!:D

oxeye

I was thinking about getting 2 of these for my twins, can you explain a little more about what was happening with the install???

I can get a great install by all rules - no movement at all at the belt path side to side or front to back. So it technically is fine.

The problem is because of the way the bottom of the seat is designed, any pressure at the top of the seat towards the seat it is installed on causes it to rotate into the seatback. Then it is completely loose and might as well be uninstalled. I'd be okay with this if he was the only kid in the car, but with a 6 and 4 year old climbing into their seats and just being kids, there is no way that I can trust the seat willl always be installed correctly. And I rarely use that car for the kids (DH and our nanny drive them in there more frequently than I do) so I can't check it each time he goes in it to make sure the seat is installed ok.

A RF tether would fix this - so I hope Combi tests and approves that by the time he outgrows the Keyfit30!

I don't think this is a problem in all cars.

oxeye

Well I gave the Coccoro one more try. Two CPST Instructors couldn't get an install they were happy with so it is definitely going back. I so wanted this to work. :(

Hearing that they are testing it with a RF tether makes me think they know it is a problem. Why couldn't they have just given the seat a more traditional base?

HEVY

Ah, he's so cute. I like the seat, not the covers. That one looks like if you look at it the wrong way it will get very, very dirty :shrug-shoulders: Maybe it'a good thing you have to send it back.

Pixels

Combi has said that it is acceptable to use pool noodles to fill the gap at the seat bight to help prevent the flipping.

Spam

He is soooo adorable :love: Sorry it didn't work out :( I was thinking of getting one for niece, but I doubt my sis would ever get installed correctly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC